The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Comedy Road Rage

michael

Met with a complete meat head on the road tonight, highly amusing :)

Driving into Leeds and the road was 3 lanes, we opted to take the Micra out to impress the locals and ensure ultimate style...

This amount of 5 door glamour was too much for a chap in an XKR Cabrio who, amazed by the lines of our car, opted to cut across a couple of lanes and nearly hit us. I alerted him to this with a polite toot of the horn but I think I must have done the morse code for something nasty because he turned into a mentalist.

Suddenly we were cut up, then he swerved out and revved his engine, then he came behind us and then finally on the Leeds inner ring road he decided to cut me up and slam on so I couldn't get past. Luckily I was next to a bus stop so I pulled in and ensured it was just him stopping traffic and not me.

Meaty jumps out and comes bouncing over (quite a big fella but lacking height) so I get out and prepare for his attack..... highly disappointing.

"Why the f*ck did you blow your f*cking horn you f*cker" was about all he could manage (I was expecting physical violence to be honest, he looked the type), when I calmly explained that he had made an error in lane choice and almost hit us he wasn't really sure what to do, it was almost as if he could only deal with an equally retarded attack in his direction. At this point he became totally confused and walked back to his car muttering to himself.

So if you come across a light blue XKR cabrio with a numberplate something like P14UL T watch out, he's a nut job.

No idea why he went off on one really, he was clearly in the wrong and all I did was alert him to the fact that he was about to scratch his nice car against one I couldn't give a toss about.... I can't wait to meet him on the roads again, he's a lot of fun.

In hindsight I wish I'd gone off on one rather than keeping my cool but all I wanted to do was make my reservation at the restaurant, it was far too sunny and nice for all that stress. Some people are so easy.

He'll probably spend the night fuming, his blood pressure rising as he runs through the embarassment of a Micra tooting him, we've spent the night laughing at him :)

Almost every journey involves some kind of road 'incident' these days. I went out in my Supra today for a quietish run over to Goodwood motor circuit and not one mile down the road I have some idiot behind me in a Seat seemingly 'seething' that I am sticking to the 30mph speed limit. Moron.