The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Russian Mafia vs. My Supra

Thorin

Well we were awoken at 1am last night by screeching tyres, breaking glass, and screaming, but by the time I put some clothes on and went out to look there was nobody to be seen... just a lot of broken glass next to my car.

Turns out one of our next door neighbours (who are russian, or ukranian, or somewhere in that region) has upset someone and was chased all the way home by somebody in a transit van trying to ram them off the road (seriously, there's broken glass and debris all down the main road). He got as far pulling up on their drive before transit man cought up with them a proceeded to kick and punch the windows through in his car. Rather than trying to escape from the car into the house they again sped off at high speed... side swiping the rear of my car in the process. :(

Anyway, the good news is there are only minor scratches to the rear and a very small dent but some deep gouges to the rear quarter panel although not very big. So rear bumper is gonna need full respray and rear quarter will need doing with some blending in at roof level, it could have been a lot worse, although I doubt I'll see any money from them to pay for it.

And I thought this was a nice neighbourhood... Coming soon, my guess the burnt out car game from photo's of cars taken in the surrounding area while walking the dog (must be into double figures by now). :D

credit to you for being so calm!

If this had happened to me the Russian Mafia would be the least of his problems.

Hope its fixed soon - payed by his insurance too

Well it was his girlfriend's car apparently. She has two kids by some other bloke and it was him in the transit van apparently. Whether it was her car or the transit van that actually did the damage I don't know. The copper is supposed to be ringing me back to update me but we'll see.

And that's the nice bit of Middleton too :(

Nutcases, I'd definately be demanding some cash from them - on the plus side the body repair company I used when my neighbour hit my car is just across the road from you - they do some decent prices when it's not insurance work too. They might even have some black paint left from mine ;)

Middleton... so er yeah the nice area comment was a bit off ;)

I thought you lived in Hull.:conf:

Anyways, I live in the nice bit of Yorkshire. The nice fireman who came round to check our smoke alarms told me they had to deal with 2 house fires last year, poor man must be run off his feet.