The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sponsor someone you don't know....

michael

A long shot consider you won't know my other half and you probably don't know me but it's a charity that means a lot to me and every penny counts:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/ange020706

Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life began in 1994, with one race in Battersea Park: 680 women came together and raised £36,000 in sponsorship.

Twelve years on, Race for Life has grown to become the UK’s biggest women only fundraising event. We have raised over a £100 million for Cancer Research UK and welcomed over 2 million women to our events.

This year we hope to raise £46 million by bringing 750,000 women together, all raising sponsorship to support the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK.

I know it's asking a lot from near strangers but if you don't ask.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pikey Pete the dodgy smoke machine owning freak :)

My sister had breast cancer so I'm an easy target.

I remember you saying, I lost my Mum to cancer a long time ago now, it doesn't bring her back by donating but maybe it will help someone else spend more time with their loved ones.... Angela hasn't seen the page and doesn't know I'm doing this yet but she'll be chuffed to bits that everyone is supporting her.

:urock:

You are probably some dodgy twat who sells fake key rings and stolen car parts but hey, what the hell? £10 from the sheep shagger :p

I'll answer to all of those apart from the stolen car parts ;) (Speaking of which some super dodgy get is now making silver copies of *my* keyrings!)

Thanks very much, it's not true what they say about you in the PMs is it ;)

• 2 months later...

Um. Well.

OK. Cat out of the bag time in the hope it makes more people sponsor Angela.

There was a good reason for me not being available at the start of this year, I was diagnosed with cancer on Friday 20th January. I've been through scans, an operation, and some chemotherapy, and thanking my lucky stars and counting my blessings on a daily basis I've got out of it all about as intact as you can. No spread and a clean removal of the fricker. I've got ten years of hospital visits and tests and scans to go through now but IMO that's a good thing.

So please chuck some money Angela's way to help Cancer Research UK because I probably owe them my continued life, tadaaaa.

-Ian

I think it's fair to say that Angela is a little overwhelmed with the support from you generous chaps, she's asked me to say a huge thankyou on her behalf and promises to do her best for you all. She did the race last year and finished in good time so she's aiming to beat that this time.

Thanks again everyone.

I don't normally give to charity on demand but I've made an exception given that it's backed by Tesco and for a good cause of cause.

(It always worries me that you never know exactly how much or where the money is going, but this is all above board.)