The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dont forget about our lads in Iraq

Burna

F*cking hillarious. LMAO. I'll be passing this through proper military channels. The boys will get a good laugh. (It's actually Amarillo btw) A city in Texas. No matter. As an American, I can honestly say militarily, we always have a good time with the Brits whenever we go somewhere together. A good sense of humor goes a long way when you're suckin sand all day in 130 degree heat. Thanks for posting it.

I spent the last big one in the gulf...1991. Worked since in Egypt, Jordan as well as Germany, Canada and the States, and ABSOLUTELY NOBODY "gets" the British sense of humour...Least of all dare I say it our American friends.....

They have their own unique style of humour and its often LMAO time, but the whole Benny Hill, Tommy Cooper, Eric Morecombe etc...is totally lost (Especially Squaddie humour)

Bless

(I do of course generalise and dont pick out anyone specifically)

You'd be surprised how many of us Yanks like British humor/comedies. I guess it's more common amongst the military population because we often are blessed with a visit or tour in England. I like Bennie Hill, Faulty Towers, Monty Python, Coupling, The Office, Ab-fab, etc..... and generally dig most jokes the English chaps/blokes make. Also a huge fans of all the Guy Richie films and Vinny Jones. I may not understand all the slang/lingo but who ever does? As a whole though, I'd say it's true that a lot of Americans and other nationalities don't get British humor.