The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 MKIV 2010 Fantasy League

caseys

Well Ladies and Gents,

I thought I would garner interest to see if many people want to do another Fantasy league for F1 again this year like I ran back in 2009

See here for previous year

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=177179

The league is FREE to enter so it's just friendly competition. I'm actually throwing in a prize for 1st place at the end of the season - a £15 iTunes voucher. 2nd place will get a donation of £5 to the chosen charity of your choice! :)

I have published a table to choose from with two. Tables A-C have taken into account people who won world championships, then race wins etc. It's been hard to gauge team performance in testing so the selections in tables C-G are even more vital this year.

Here's how the league works :

Select one driver from each table A to G in the Document attached.

No duplicate fantasy team will be entered and so first come will be first served. If a duplicate team is received then the later entrant will be asked to resubmit a different team. All entries should come to me via PM, I will update the Fantasy thread with all entries every day if I can so you can see if your choice is taken before PMing me. List of entries/results is in POST 3

I will publish A table after each race and a spreadsheet showing the following:

F1 Results

F1 League Table

F1 Laps

MKIV Results

MKIV Table

The F1 Results and League Table will be as per the International F1 regulations i.e 25 points for a win, 18 points for second etc.

The MKIV Results and League Table will be made from the following:

A win will be 10 X 25 points + number of laps completed, so say a win at Monza will give you 10 X 25 (points) + 53 (laps) = 303 MKIV points. Subsequently a third place will give you 10 X 15 (points) + 53 (laps) = 203 MKIV points. Even if you choice does not finish you should receive points if you choice has completed a number of laps. This way some of the less achievable drivers at Monza will still earn 53 points if the driver completes the circuit.

There are over 500 possible combinations of choice from the table (Including Campos/USF1 at the moment). You can choose TBA drivers in your selection now if you so wish, if Campos/USF1 do not turn up at the first race you will be allowed to reselect from those two tables. The same will occur for any driver/team who fold. If a driver goes out mid-season you will again be allowed to reselect or just run with the replacement driver.

I have also added a poll to see if people want more points per completed lap etc because the Championship points have increased.

My thanks to the Mod team for allowing me to run this kinda thing :thumbs:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[table=head;sort=9d]Name|Group A|Group B|Group C|Group D|Group E|Group F|Group G|Points

JohnnyG|Alonso|Vettel|Rosberg|Sutil|Liuzzi|De la rosa|Alguersurai|5925

Browny|Button|Vettel|Kubica|Sutil|Liuzzi|Kovalainen|Grassi|5893

Tony|Button|Webber|Rosberg|Glock|Liuzzi|Kovalainen|Petrov|5794

MartinR|Alonso|Webber|Kubica|Sutil|Kobayashi|Kovalainen|Chandhok|5791

Lbm|Hamilton|Vettel|Rosberg|Sutil|Kobayashi|De la rosa|Alguersurai|5738

AlexM|Hamilton|Vettel|Kubica|Sutil|Kobayashi|De la rosa|Alguersurai|5729

jay_NW|Hamilton|Vettel|Rosberg|Glock|Liuzzi|Kovalainen|Petrov|5716

TheRestorer|Hamilton|Massa|Rosberg|Sutil|Kobayashi|Kovalainen|Alguersurai|5713

Caseys|Hamilton|Vettel|Kubica|Sutil|Kobayashi|Senna|Petrov|5671

Homer|Hamilton|Vettel|Kubica|Sutil|Kobayashi|De la rosa|Petrov|5644

WSB2|Alonso|Vettel|Rosberg|Sutil|Kobayashi|De la rosa|Alguersurai|5598

Matt K|Hamilton|Vettel|Rosberg|Trulli|Kobayashi|Kovalainen|Petrov|5471

tbourner|Hamilton|Massa|Kubica|Trulli|Kobayashi|De la rosa|Chandhok|5396

Justgav|Hamilton|Vettel|Buemi|Sutil|Liuzzi|Kovalainen|Algusesurai|5388

CJ|Hamilton|Vettel|Rosberg|Glock|Hulkenberg|De la rosa|Grassi|5290

GrahamC|Alonso|Vettel|Rosberg|Glock|Kobayashi|Kovalainen|Chandhok|5200

MrRalphman|Schumacher|Vettel|Rosberg|Sutil|Hulkenberg|Kovalainen|Petrov|5194

Alex|Button|Vettel|Barrichello|Sutil|Hulkenberg|Kovalainen|Grassi|5038

Edd T|Button|Webber|Barrichello|Trulli|Hulkenberg|Kovalainen|Petrov|5012

Thorin|Alonso|Massa|Rosberg|Glock|Kobayashi|De la rosa|Alguersurai|5001

Shh|Schumacher|Vettel|Rosberg|Trulli|Hulkenberg|Kovalainen|Alguersuai|4943

RiceRocket|Schumacher|Massa|Rosberg|Sutil|Kobayashi|De la rosa|Petrov|4678

Ace|Hamilton|Massa|Barrichello|Glock|Kobayashi|Kovalainen|Alguersurai|4575

Supradoopra|Hamilton|Massa|Barrichello|Glock|Kobayashi|Kovalainen|Grassi|4362

Nic|Button|Massa|Rosberg|Glock|Hulkenberg|Kovalainen|Petrov|4324

Gaz6002|Schumacher|Vettel|Barichello|Trulli|Kobayashi|Kovalainen|Grassi|3827

[/table]

I'll be making my selection in a couple of weeks :)

As per last year I will allow any entries up to the day of 1st practice at the 1st race. Once 1st practice starts... entries close.

It's a weigh up, the longer you wait the more chance your selection will already be taken chap.

*bump* for the people returning to work and of course not reading the forum... but working very very hard.

Alonso states the Fezza is the best car he's ever driven

Button setting good practice times

Schumi - no one's chosen him yet...

Lotus and VR1 - Who's going to have a catastrophic wing failure first? :p

Oh and last bit - Lopez may actually move over to Campos if USF1 don't make it...

Groups arent quite perfect this year. As I have managed to get away without selecting any of the new teams meaning reliability alone cannot be factored in or havign a bit of the guess work of who will be best new team

Virgins speed but poor reliability at the moment or Lotus consistancy at slow speeds...or a complete gamble on Campos :D

Not having a go as its a good laugh! :D

Groups arent quite perfect this year. As I have managed to get away without selecting any of the new teams meaning reliability alone cannot be factored in or havign a bit of the guess work of who will be best new team

Virgins speed but poor reliability at the moment or Lotus consistancy at slow speeds...or a complete gamble on Campos :D

Not having a go as its a good laugh! :D

Well I thought I'd put all the world chamionship winners in Group A, Group B consists of runners up and runner up manufacturers, then it went down from there.

Yes the likes of Lotus, VR1, Campos, USF1 and a few reshuffles has made it tricky to do the grouping. I think it'll be won/lost by what you choose from tables D downwards to be honest.

I'm hoping Sutil and also Force India keep up their good form from last year, they were definitely punching above their weight!

Right now to update the table..

Edit : It's also quite interesting only one person so far has chosen Button over Hamilton and also how many have picked Kobayashi from his brief performance

//edit: Are we keeping the 1 point per lap then?

So far yes. Will have to see how this season goes, as of course you'll get 250 points for a win now, 180 for a 2nd place whereas last year you got 100 / 80. The disparity may be a little bigger, so you'll be rewarded more for people who get into the points rather than just doing a sunday driver impression.

I'm in, with the most controversial list of drivers possible. (Pending confirmation of my entry, anyway).

Currently you and Alex have a unique A driver, and if it's a mainly German year with Schumi and Vettel that'll get a good haul of points.

No-one's submitted a duplicate entry yet, but then we only have 10 so far.. I hope many people will put an entry in after the final test of the pre-season