The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thermal intake gasket?

JamieP

This egr bit is confusing me, the ferriday one dont have the extra bit on the end like the link from the yank company, what gasket do i need?

email from ferriday.

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your e-mail. My apologies for taking time to get back to you.

The inlet gasket for the 2JZ-GTE has an EGR passage running through it. In order to use the thermal gasket this passage must be blanked off to avoid melting the plate, have you already done this, or are you able to?

There's a JPEG of the drawing attached for you to look at, you'll see that compared to the OE outline there's a bit missing at one end. Availability can be within a few days, not sure if I'd get it out for the weekend or not but if you really need it fast I'll give it a go. Cost is £55.00 plus £4.50 P&P, includes M8 x 55mm studs, insulating washers, flat washers & new Nyloc nuts.

Please ignore any error messages you get when you send an e-mail to me, it seems one of our servers is down...

All the best Jamie,

Mike Tanski

Ferriday Engineering

http://www.ferriday.co.uk

01559 372143

I have one of these gaskets yet to fit. the only problem i can see is that the gasket is made out of plastic and i'm not sure IF it will seal well on the mating surfaces. proberly will need some sort of gasket paper in between.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.