The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which one? PS3 or XBOX360 as a free gift

Aero-M

Im coming to the end of my mobile phone contract. I can get a better deal than I currently have and have either of the above as a free gift.

I know little about either, or consoles in general. I have read the other threads and the haven't really made my mind up.

I do have a Hd tv, but don't want to be buying blueray discs, so im not to worried about that feature of the ps3.

I have an old xbox, the only games I ever play on it are pgr2, burnout3 and Fable. So these are the sort of games I would like the new console for. So if one is better than the other for what I want it would be helpful to know.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XBox.

PS3 is plagued with constant patches that take forever to upload. Movie streaming is impossible. Controller 'allocation' is a constant battle. Games have to be 'installed' (sometimes taking 20 minutes) before you play them.. it's crap, basically.

XBox does everything well :)

I have both and rarely use the PS3.

PS3 is plagued with constant patches that take forever to upload.

No they're not.

Movie streaming is impossible.

No it isn't.

Controller 'allocation' is a constant battle.

No it isn't.

Games have to be 'installed' (sometimes taking 20 minutes) before you play them).. it's crap, basically.

Not all games "have to be installed", and ones that do have faster loading times than running everything off a disc.

XBox does everything well :)

Well, apart from play Blu-ray movies, and play games on the internet for free.

They are both great machines they both do things well although the PS3 is the newer one so you would expect it to be better?!!

I have an Xbox 360 and am quite happy with it and the gameplay on them is fantastic but it is also good on the PS3!!

Blu rays dont bother me in the slightest and think they are a bit of a rip off as HD is good enough and the Xbox has HD!

If you dont really play on a console now you probably wont when you get one of them so get the PS3 as its worth more money when you want to sell it ;)

They are both the bottom end models, so neither is particulalry astonishing or impressive. I'd say have the PS3 as it's worth more, and sell it. Doesn't sound like you're really into your video games anyway. You could use the money from the PS3 to fund something you're actually interested in.

No they're not.

No it isn't.

No it isn't.

Not all games "have to be installed", and ones that do have faster loading times than running everything off a disc.

Well, apart from play Blu-ray movies, and play games on the internet for free.

Erm, yes, actually this is all true and you are in fact incorrect ;)

Do you have an XBox? can you actually comment?

If you want to play BluRay, buy a PS3, just don't expect too much from the 'gaming' side of things.

Games have to be 'installed' (sometimes taking 20 minutes) before you play them.. it's crap, basically.

That's so blimmin annoying! I hate the stupid installing new games thing. At least with the xbox you can just switch on and get on with it.

Scoboblio has raised a very valid point though. :)

Erm, yes, actually this is all true and you are in fact incorrect ;)

If you want to play BluRay, buy a PS3, just don't expect too much from the 'gaming' side of things.

I have had both, but only have a PS3 at the moment.

And I think you'll find I am correct. Always.

Although you have to think that the PS3 is not just a games console it has other features.

I use it for my TV (Play TV) where you can pause and rewind live television, record different channels while watching another etc, use it for my Blu ray player and use it as a media centre for the music, pictures and videos on my PC.

Ok the game update thing is a little annoying but come on waiting for a few mins while additional features and bugs are sorted out in the game isnt really going to put you out now is it.. after all your going to be wasting hours playing a game???

Also the PS3 is sooo much quieter than the 360.

Thanks for the replys guys. I won't get it to sell as I enjoy playing the xbox when I get the chance, It's just a few games that I have found my self able to play well and enjoy.

I do have 25 xbox games but having tried them all I just like the 3listed in my first post. So all I would be after is the console that plays the same/equivelent games best.

True which is why i bought 2, one broke recently and i had it back within a week and half was quite impressed. Which is wrong as it shouldnt of broke in first place lol

I am impressed, but as you said shouldnt of broke in the first place:p

Have they sorted out all the problems that xbox's seemed to have?

Errrr no

Blu rays dont bother me in the slightest and think they are a bit of a rip off as HD is good enough and the Xbox has HD!

Having a blu ray makes it a rip off

And how many HD DVD's are there out there?

Because im sure HD DVD's lost the battle

They are both the bottom end models, so neither is particulalry astonishing or impressive.

The ps3 is the 80gb one.

80gb is not the bottom end one

So what makes the xbox better at gaming?

I bet you cant tell me either

Ive had both and there isnt a difference apart from PS3 is free to play online

I have had both, but only have a PS3 at the moment.

And I think you'll find I am correct. Always.

And i agree with you here;)