The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV F1 Fantasy League

caseys

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'd like to run a Fantasy Formula 1 league for the Club this year. Once drivers are fully confirmed for the 2009 season (awaiting Honda decision and Torro Rosso 2nd driver) I will open up the league for entries.

Here's how the league works :

Select one driver from each table in the Document attached.

No duplicate fantasy team will be entered and so first come will be first served. If a duplicate team is received then the later entrant will be asked to resubmit a different team. All entries should come to me via PM, I will update the Fantasy thread with all entries so you can see if your choice is taken before PMing me.

I will publish after each race a spreadsheet showing the following:

F1 Results

F1 League Table

F1 Laps

MKIV Results

MKIV Table

The F1 Results and League Table will be as per the International F1 regulations i.e 10 points for a win, 8 points for second etc.

The MKIV Results and League Table will be made from the following:

A win will be 10 x 10 points + number of laps completed, so say a win at Monza will give you 10 x 10 (points) + 53 (laps) = 153 MKIV points. Subsequently a third place will give you 10 x 6 (points) + 53 (laps) = 113 points. Even if your choice does not finish you should receive points if your choice has completed at least a lap. This way some of the less achievable drivers at Monza will still earn 53 points if the driver completes the race. Any driver who has a disqualification will in turn have the points earned in the league subtracted.

I am opening a poll to see interest as to if people wish to pay an entry fee to have the chance of winning a prize for coming 1st/2nd/3rd. Whichever opinion has the majority in the Poll will dictate whether this will run with prizes or just as friendly free competition.

There are over 400 possible combinations of choice from the table (Excluding Honda at the moment). At my workplace we've run it with a £2.50 entry fee and given prizes similar to the following :

1st Prize - A Magnum of Champagne or £40 gift voucher for retailer of your choice or donation to your chosen charity.

2nd Prize - A £20 gift voucher for retailer of your choice or donation to your chosen charity.

3rd Prize - A £10 gift voucher for retailer of your choice or donation to your chosen charity.

Prizes will be adjusted according to the amount of entries to the league, the greater the kitty the greater the prize with a split of 1st/2nd/3rd being 50%/30%/15% with 5% with I thought 5% going to a charity or the Club. Entry fees could go to the Club account to sit there (pending approval from the Mods). Prizes would be either posted out or distributed at a meet etc by someone of good standing in the Club.

My thanks to Kranz helping me get this started, and to all the Moderators who considered letting me run this. :thumbs:

Excellant idea, I presume once drivers fully confirmed thats when we can submit it.

Yep as soon as 2nd TR driver is confirmed as well as if Honda is go/no-go then entries can be submitted (there'll be a new thread)

I'm happy to host it, hell I'll even have a go writing the PHP stuff (if it doesn't already exist)

Can discuss this chap, currently it's all sat in an excel sheet with formulae across the 5 sheets.

Quite willing to also modify a greater contribution to charity too if people ask for it.

Can discuss this chap, currently it's all sat in an excel sheet with formulae across the 5 sheets.

If it means giving you access, I don't mind, then you could upload the fresh sheets each week if they aren't automatic, but I'm sure we could do something with all the programmers here as well :)