The mkiv Supra Owners Club

milage/km conversion

djskeme

Hi all,

I am currently in talks about selling my j-spec TT.

however, although the speedo is converted to miles, the ODO still reads in KM and goes up in KMs.

Has anyone heard of this? as the buyer wants to know whether the clock is in KM or Miles.

Im adament its KM's as all ODOmeters on here display a little "miles" symbol after them if they have been converted. mine doesnt.

Mine is like this. My speed is read in mph but my odo is in Km. All my cars history shows everything in km so you know exactly what it has done.

I have come accross a lot of Supes at clock up in miles but nobody can prove when it was changed from KM. There is then a mixture of miles and KM's.

Therefore the actual mileage is unknown.

H.

Hi all,

however, although the speedo is converted to miles, the ODO still reads in KM and goes up in KMs.

Has anyone heard of this?

Yes, it's quite common to be setup that way. In my opinion that way is preferable to having the Odo reading part in kilometres and part in miles.

all ODOmeters on here display a little "miles" symbol after them if they have been converted.
You're not correct there mate. Just because it doesn't have the "Miles" legend on the Odo doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of this? as the buyer wants to know whether the clock is in KM or Miles.

Im adament its KM's as all ODOmeters on here display a little "miles" symbol after them if they have been converted. mine doesnt.

mine doesn't display the miles symbol but counts up in miles, this is because you cut the pin that makes it display km when you convert it to miles. im sure most of the j specs will be like this.

I had my Jspec speedo converted to MPH by NCS and they also changed the Odo reading for me, from Km to Miles.

I also got a letter from them notifying me of the kilometer reading at which the Odo was changed, so therefore can "prove" the total mileage(miles) my car has done from new to the present date.

George

dont get me started on this:(

this particular subject is the direct reason i dont own a supra -

long story - basically bought a supra from devon and drove it home to warrington (thanks to H for taking me down to devon) realised it was clocking in miles not kms as guy who sold it had said - so took it back and got my money back, i was very lucky getting my money back but once i had had my fingers burnt .........