The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Review : The Happening

Thorin

91 minutes of my life I can never get back :(

His worst film yet, and that's saying something, why do people even give this guy the time of day any more I've no idea.

Appalling, boring, poor plot, crap ending, bad acting (not helped by the terrible lines they were given). Avoid at all cost.

I watched it last night also. Again, i thought the idea was ok but it was terribly executed. The girl couldn't act worth a damn and that was probably her looking her best next to bloody marky mark. Why does he always end up in roles where the character is meant to be intelligent? He can't pull it off, he looks thick and he acts thick.

I found some parts laughable, like how come everyone they met were fruitcakes.

I don't think it was so bad that i want the time back but it wasn't a good movie by any means.

91 minutes of my life I can never get back :(

His worst film yet, and that's saying something,

Avoid at all cost.

Oh dear that bad :rolleyes:

and only really pulled it off in Sixth Sense. Signs wasn't too bad though. I'll not be rushing out to watch this then!

And Unbreakable was good.

I've noticed since Signs (3rd movie) there's no A-list actors in his films since.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I had such high hopes for this :cry: Is it really that bad?

It is truly shocking. It's amazing how someone can make each new film worse than the previous.

I'd rather watch an extended four hour version of the party scene from Cloverfield than watch The Happening again.

I liked the party bit in cloverfield for one reason. No, not one of the manufactured identical prettygirls, for me it was a "The Stand" moment. If you've ever read The Stand, it takes forever to get going, as it follows the rise and fall of the protagonist in the music industry. In fact, you get so involved in him getting famous, and doing too much too soon and getting burnt fingers and burnt out in general, that when, just as he's getting his life back on track, you get the actual plotline kick in it's quite a shock.

So just as I was thinking about how this guy in cloverfield is cocking up his relationships and so on and so forth, the lights go out and I'm shocked back to "Uh oh this isn't going to be good". My mind had wandered from the actual premise of the film so it was a good effect to get "dropped in it" as it were.

Great film, truly great. Shame there are so many handycam style ones coming out suddenly :(