The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£49.99 Sat Nav

michael

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant go wrong for £50!

I've ordered one to try out, decent screen size, you can tinker with the OS, it does speed cameras via this site:

http://www.gps-support.eu/speedcam_index.php

And so on...

I use Copilot on my N95 at the moment and it works OK but it's annoying if the phone rings, a calendar alarm goes off etc as it turns off. It's a pain without a touch screen too. So I thought this might be handy to have, at that price you can afford one for each car :)

I use TomTom on my E51, but it almost seems like I have to buy one of these just to play with .. hmmm :) I'd hate to make TomTom defunct but why not..

I moved to using a mobile because every time I left a proper TomTom in the car I had to fit new windows and hoover out broken glass. At fifty quid new, you'd hope Sat Nav theft would become less of a problem though.

It's staying at £69.99 for me :shrug: ?

Did you add to the basket before logging in?

I had to remove it from my basket, log in and then add it again.

Annoyingly they are only 20 minutes drive from me but you have to get the item posted out :(

Did you add to the basket before logging in?

I had to remove it from my basket, log in and then add it again.

Annoyingly they are only 20 minutes drive from me but you have to get the item posted out :(

hmm. I'll try ;)

edit: nope. This time I logged in first, then added it. I did this from a different machine as well so no cookies keeping me logged in or anything.

hmm. I'll try ;)

edit: nope. This time I logged in first, then added it. I did this from a different machine as well so no cookies keeping me logged in or anything.

Odd.

Give them a ring and order over the phone, someone on AVForums was having similar issues and they honoured the lower price.

When I first added it the price was £69.99, I removed it, logged in, added it and the price was suddenly £49.99 as advertised in their email.

I think the reason it's coming up with the higher price is that they obviously sent the email out to certain people and only those people get the lower price when they log in. I just phoned them and the guy wanted me to forward him the email for him to confirm before doing the cheaper price. So could somebody forward me the email please? ;) I had my ebuyer email address set to my old address so wouldn't have got it.

Not too keen on the silver surround, black looks much better. Is this inferior?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/133376

It's £10 more, has a slower CPU, older operating system and doesn't mention if it's SIRF III - it seems to be inferior.

I presume you could always spray the other one, at £49.99 it doesn't matter if you go over the lines :)

Well, I phoned them up and managed to order one. They have obviously been bombarded by people trying to take advantage, as they asked me to forward the email I received with the offer, and checked my account hadn't just been setup etc. I managed to persuade them to honour the lower price, despite the fact I didn't have the original email to forward (as my email address was set to an old address that would have bounced).

So thanks Michael for the heads up! That's two things you've saved me money on in the last couple of weeks. Maybe you should have a regular "Michael's pikey bargain of the week" thread... ;)

Nice one Michael. I've just ordered it after some tooing and froing. BAsically the offer is for existing customers who have not used their account for 6 months. I created a new account and it didn't drop the price so I phoned them and luckily they had details of an old account. She said that I couldn't have it at the reduced price as I hadn't received the mail. I told her that's cos I had a new email address. After a quick check with her boss she changed the price and away to go.

So thanks again... great deal mate! ;)