The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My eye hurts

RobSheffield

This may be one for Ro, but here goes

Was working under a car yesterday, and foolishy forgot the old goggles.

Had a bit of mild discomfort from my eye, and thought maybe a piece of steel/grit had fallen in there. I have irrigated the eye quite a few times, and no amount of water/lifting the eyelid/etc seems to be either shifting it or even letting me see whats in there.

Inside of the eye seems quite red as though its irritated, any clues?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on dude, you should know from me and my exploits to always wear safety gear. If you are really unsure, wash it out with water, and it is still bothering you get down to A&E to get it double checked, pretty much anything could drop off underneath a car and it could cause serious probs. Hope you get it sorted soon.

I have tryed that many times. Could just be the irritation in you eye that hurts a bit. Usually when/if the irritaion wears off, it shouldn't hurt anymore. It is like you have sand in yous eyes, when you blink, right?

Yeah, just like that, only sand would hurt, and this doesnt actually hurt, just feels odd!

I had to ignore it to get to sleep last night, which wasnt easy. Woke up at 6, opened eyes, couldnt see anything through that eye which lead to a panicked dash to the bathroom mirror, only to find it was a LOT of sleep type gunk in there :( (sorry)

Washed it out again with cold water and sorted, i could see!

best to get you self down to A&E mate you might have scrached it but theres still a chance something is in there. only got one pair of eyes mate.

I have had bit stuck in my eye if you leave it in there skin will quickly grow over it then you will have to have it picked out not one of the nicest experiences I can tell you

Inside of the eye seems quite red as though its irritated, any clues?

I reckon you've got something in it ;)

As someone said above you might have got rid of the foreign object but damaged your eye in the process, I have a scar on one of mine, it's a talking point when you go to the opticians.

hi mate,

the tissue on yor eye surface heals real quick, even to the point of covering (skinning over) an object that went in just a few hours before. go to A & E they will put a dye in it that highlites damage. go at worst you feel a bit of a prat. i've left it too late in the past and what happens then you don't need to know at this point.

Sundays AND bank holiday..what a combo, full of muppets like me who blew themselves up...

Mind you it is amusing to sit and watch people and then see the silly stuff they have done.

The problem is you'll have the drunks too, the early starters who are still drunk enough to think it's OK to be overly friendly with complete strangers, that uncomfortable moment where you want to knock them out but you aren't sure if the other 80 people crammed into the pre-waiting area will approve.

It does my head in, you pay to go private but when it comes to A&E and the CDU bit afterwards you have to stay with the scum :(

At least you won't have all the festival people from Leeds down there though.

I got something in my eye at work the other month and left it as it always seems to clear in a day or so. It really did bug me over the next few weeks yet I'm so hard (;)) I chose to ignore it and do nothing.

I thought that I had something scratch it, tried eyewash and water on a daily basis but it didn't improve.

Then after a few weeks something shifted/dislodged and it was instantly pain free again:)

Thinking back I should have gone to A&E straight away as it could have turned nasty and caused serious damage but I'm like you with the thought of them prodding at my eyes, a whimp!:D

Get down there mate if it hasn't eased off, I know I will if it happens again to me.

Paul

Just seen this, give us a txt/ring next time you tit :D Sounds like you've had a corneal scratch or something from particles in your eye, your eye's either infected or dried out from it. A&E would be best to make sure, otherwise pop to Boots and get some Optrex eye wash (or anything with Chloramphenicol in it) and some Artificial Tear Drops and use those at the very least, best to get someone to look at it though to check the depth of any scratches. If I were you, I'd buy a big bottle of Saline solution and keep it just in case you ever get anything else in your eye, tap water isn't great for irrigating with!