The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Revenge on the cold caller

Max Headroom

Was at a bit of a loose end today so I had this thought about cold callers and rang a "home improvement" head office and this is what happened.

Receptionist: "Hello this is Anglian Home Improvements."

Me: "Hello this is Everest Home Improvements"

Receptionist: "Er this is Anglian"

Me: "Can I interest you in Double Glazing?"

Receptionist: "but this is Anglian Home Improvements"

Me: "Yes I know that, are you interested in new double glazing?"

Receptionist: "We do double glazing!"

Me: "How big is your house?"

Receptionist: "We are Anglian Home Improvements your main competitor"

Me: "So your not sure then"

Receptionist: "You do realise who you are speaking to!"

Me:.....laughing so much I put the phone down

:innocent::sly:

I am going to ring Everest tomorrow and tell them I am Anglian. Oh Happy Days

Thats quality.... A friend of mine had a very similar thing.. He lives in a top floor flat and was so fed up with all the phone calls asking him about conservatories that he just told them yes, he'll have on if they can do it.. When the chap came round to measure up, he realised it was a flat and had the right hump. Serves him right.

Working for BT we still get cold callers. It's great when they sequentially dial numbers and each phone in the office rings in turn - we just say "You've just called British Telecom"...and the phone goes dead because they know they aren't allowed to use phones like that.

LOL :D im always getting them ringing trying to sell me something i normally say:

Me: "yes i'll just get the home owner for you"

Them "ok Sir"

Me: put the phone on the side for a minute

Me: "ohh there just coming"

Them: "Ok sir"

Repeat this untill they hang up :D

My record is 14 minutes i kept them on the phone :D

Funny that company has never rung back :)

ha ha... I do the same thing !!

I do know somebody however who took his phone to the loo (for a no.2) and made as much 'noise' as he could. He actually gave it all the moaning and groaning whilst he had 'kitchens direct' I think it was on hold while he was 'finding' the home owner !!!

LOL :D im always getting them ringing trying to sell me something i normally say:

Me: "yes i'll just get the home owner for you"

Them "ok Sir"

Me: put the phone on the side for a minute

Me: "ohh there just coming"

Them: "Ok sir"

Repeat this untill they hang up :D

My record is 14 minutes i kept them on the phone :D

Funny that company has never rung back :)

We do the same sort of thing.

"hang on a minute and I will just get him for you",

go and have crap, make tea or watch telly, then if they are still there say, "he's just coming"......and then if they are still there say "you wasted our time so how does it feel to have your time wasted now p**ss off and find a real job".

At work I have a direct line on my desk which we use for BT contact or sky only so they dont come through the switchboard. My name is the contact name for about 400 sky accounts and this particular number is the number registered with sky. We sometimes get about ten calls a day from them trying to sell more stuff. We have so much fun with them, passing them around all the extensions in our area. You can always tell when it's sky as there is a pause in the background with call centre noise before they speak. We quite often say before they have chance to speak "dont tell me....erm..... you are calling from sky as courtesy call and just checking to see how we are getting on with our the service?" They hate this because this is normally the first line of their script and it completely throws them off their sda little rehearsed script.