The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SOLD 1994 M Reg - Boostlogic T61 Single Turbo, 6 Speed

Clarkey

1994 M registered Red Supra RZ - converted from standard twins (because of turbo seal failure on the twins) to the Vortex BoostLogic T61 turbo in August 2005.

Imported into the UK in 1999 or 2000. I have owned the car since May 2004 - when it was 100% stock. Selling now, to move on to other things.

The car has been dyno-ed at Surrey Rolling road. It was dynoed at 1.15 bar of boost using the dyno pressure sensor. I have listed crank figures so that they can compared against the crank figures of a strong BPU car's dyno chart.

The peak figures at the crank are:

• 456bhp @ 6200 RPM
  • 442 ft lbs of torque @ 4300 RPM

BHP & Torque

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=image&file=19112006_006_.jpg

BHP & Boost

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=image&file=19112006_003_.jpg

BHP & AFR

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=image&file=19112006_002_.jpg

Compared to a J-Spec decatted TT running 1.2 bar and Greddy 3 row FMIC - also dynoed at Surrey Rolling Road.

Peak figures at the crank are:

• 420 Bhp @ 5900 RPM
  • 390 ft lbs @ 5600 RPM

Both cars dyno-ed in the same gear - 4th.

NOTE: This is Homer's crank figures @ 1.2 boost. In Green & Red.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=932814&postcount=2

Notice that - with the T61 maximum torque is available 1400 RPM earlier compared to a BPU car. Also notice that the T61 has about double the amount the of torque at 4300 RPM than the BPU car at the same RPM point.

More torque means faster acceleration

Current mileage 88k (miles)

Tax expires Midnight 1st October 2007

MOT expires January 2007. On purchase the car will be given 12 months MOT.

Cam belt was fitted on my purchase of the car @ 49k miles.

A new Cam belt fitted @ 70k miles - when the water pump required replacing. The new cambelt was fitted - because it was easy to do with the crank pulley removed at the time.

Paperwork & Service history dated back from 1999-2000 (Imported) - to present.

Serviced every 3k miles with Phoenix. All tuning work (mechanical & electrical) have been peformed by Phoenix, Ian C, Matt Harwood & Terry S.

Specification:

Turbo

• BoostLogic T61
  • HKS External wastegate
  • HKS Super Sequential BOV
    [/List]

Brakes & Wheels
    • DBA 4000 Gold disks & Carbotech pads(Front & Rear).
    • UK calipers, 4pot - 2pot, (Front & Rear)
    • 17" OZ Alloy rims. There is some kurbing - but nothing that cannot fixed with a refurb. (235, 255 Goodyear F1's)

Electronics

• E-Manage (blue) fitted with ignition, injection & pressure sensor. Fitted by Matt Harwood and Mapped by Ian C.
    • Blitz SBC-III Boost controller
    • Blitz FATT Turbo timer
    • DEFI Boost & Oil pressure gauges with control unit.
    • AEM AFR Gauge
    • Race Logic Traction Control (Terminator map installed)

Drive train

• RPS Street Sport Clutch

Exhaust

• BoostLogic 4" Exhaust with Baffle
    • 2 x Chris Wilson Decat Pipes
    • 2 x Standard catalytic converters (Cat #1 & Cat #2)

Intercooler & Induction

• Greddy 3 row Front Mounted Intercooler (Practically new - purchased & fitted in August)
    • K&N Filter.

Fueling

• Walbro Fuel Pump
    • 550cc injectors (flow tested & cleaned prior to fitting)
    • Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator with Fuel Pressure Gauge

Misc

• UK Glass headlights
    • BoostLogic Turbo Blanket
    • Sony MP3/CD/Radio Stereo

Security

• AutoWatch 160 RLiT - Cat 1 Alarm & Immobilser System

Bodywork

• 100% stock body work.

• No rust anywhere. The bonnet scoop & the door handles are fading somewhat. The bonnet does have some stonechips - but the rest of the paint is in pretty good condition. The car is very nice shiny red when all polished up. There is 1 or 2 very MINOR dings. Passenger door and 1 by the fuel lid.

The car.

The car itself drives very nicely & smoothly & stops very well too. An honest car, that has been very well looked after - never been stolen & with no accident damage whatsoever. Lot of potential tuning can be done. The people on this board that have driven it are:

• Peter Sharp

• Matt Harwood

• Terry S

• JohnK

• Class One

For a second opinion on the car - please PM any of the above. I'm sure they won't mind you asking.

I have asked Mark's (Phoenix) permission - that any REAL technical questions that you can address to him.

Mark was the person that performed the Single Turbo conversion thereby he is the perfect person to answer any BIG questions you may have. I have spoken to Mark about this and he is happy to answer questions from the phone -
    But Please PM me first
    - so I can contact Mark & forewarn him. I'd rather not him being bombarded with calls, without his prior knowledge.

In addition - I have also asked Mark's permission - that any viewings can be arranged at Phoenix (Watford). That way - potential buyers can ask Mark questions face-2-face. Of course, this has to be arranged beforehand.

In addition to viewings in Watford (Hertfordshire) viewings can be arranged in Farnborough ( Hampshire) - which is where I live. Or - in Witney (Oxfordshire) .. which is where my parents live.

Price

• £12000
    • Call 0788 1552 101

No part-exchange

New pics added. Unfortunately, it was abit overcast.

I may have forgotten some details & will edit where appropriate.

How much power does this push, got any torque curves, boost figures??

Ian C initally mapped the car was running with a stock SMIC - that was quite worn. So, hence it was also effected performance.

Replaced the SMIC - with the Greddy 3 row FMIC - and it meant that - because more air was being captured & cooled - it made at 1.4 bar the duty cycle was close to 100%. The AFR's still remained a stable 11's - because of the EM map

I have restricted boost deliberately (via the Blitz EBC) to 1.2 bar to bring duty cycle to 85%.

To run 1.4 bar safely it would only require the fuel pressure increased 4 or 5 psi from 38psi (Using the installed adjustable Aeromotive FPR) & the EM map tweaking.

I did intend to this - but with the decision to sell - this made there was little point in the expediture in fuel & time for Ian C to do the EM tweaks.

I have not yet had it dyno-ed. The car will be advertised on Piston heads - when the car gets valeted and I will try and get the car booked in to Surrey Rolling road as well.

• 2 weeks later...