The mkiv Supra Owners Club

am i going mad....

Guest damo1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes have sleep paralysis (more often if I get really drunk :p ) ... yes it's scary. Your mind is awake but not your body. The buzzing sensation/sound is your mind trying to "jump start" your body. First few times you will get freaked out thinking why you can't move or some spirit is pinning you down but you will get used to it and just wait until your body responds.

Lucid dream is another phenomenon where you can control your dreams. It's pretty cool, just like the Matrix!

Guest damo1

So what your saying is Damo can actually see whats going to happen in the future?

no what i said was, i saw this male figure in my bedroom and when i went to my uncles 1week and half after, thats when i was told about Dean committing suicide by hanging himself.

im not sure what is happining to me only that if anyone else has seen ghosts then they should have a more of an understanding about this...

Your uncle came back to take a dump?! :stink:

Well, if he did, then at least that shows he hasn't gone to hell as I think you'll find somewhere in the bible it says hell is "Damnation without relief"

fook it im going to bed with the light on!!!!

Better than going to bed with the hard on. :D

It's amazing that some of these tales told to us as kids still stand the test of time in adults. I've read that the lower the IQ the more dependance there is in such beliefs.

*whistles* doooo doooo dooooo doooo dooooo doooo.

I cant but help think of dueling banjo's ;)

Well, if he did, then at least that shows he hasn't gone to hell as I think you'll find somewhere in the bible it says hell is "Damnation without relief"

LOL! Sometimes the spirits are trapped in this world in places of extreme trauma. Was he severely constipated?

When I was younger I believed in the Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny, Ghosts & Leprecons.

As I got older I learned the truth and also found out the reasons for being told these magnificent fictitious people existed.

You rotter! Until now I really believed that a fat man crept into my bedroom once a year and emptied his sack whilst I was asleep.

I saw girl in my room once in the middle of the night when I was alone, by the look of her she was probably about 20, I was frozen with fear until I looked harder into the darkness and realised she was quite tidy, so I started touching myself, she did the same, I then peeled back for covers and invited her into my bed, banged her, and then she just dissapeared, looks like her unfinished business stopping her going on to the afterlife was having a good romping session. I like to help people :)

I saw girl in my room once in the middle of the night when I was alone, by the look of her she was probably about 20, I was frozen with fear until I looked harder into the darkness and realised she was quite tidy, so I started touching myself, she did the same, I then peeled back for covers and invited her into my bed, banged her, and then she just dissapeared, looks like her unfinished business stopping her going on to the afterlife was having a good romping session. I like to help people :)

He f*cks dead people. :D

Awww give the poor boy a break, not everyone believes in stuff like that, but have seen a few wierd things over the years, not alcohol induced ;)

Have to say since i got my supra back, i feel she has been possessed by dark forces :D Last night acutally got proof , My Supra is being stalked by a Evil Pumpkin, look at top right of photo :shock:

Lol, Class as always :D

im not sure what is happining to me only that if anyone else has seen ghosts then they should have a more of an understanding about this...

So you're saying you only want to hear from people who will reinforce your opinion that this is a ghost?

damo1, I have an open mind about this sort of thing and I think there might possibly be more to it than others think. I certainly can't prove it, far from it.

I had a similar-ish experience once which was shared with someone else I was with. It could have been a ghost or it could have been a once-in-a-million shared hallucination/trick of the light (I've been alive for millions of seconds, so statistically I was probably due one). I'll never know which. :shrug:

right guys am a beleiver in the afterlife and stuff but afew weeks ago i ermmm woke up in the middle of the night to find what looked to me a 20 something year old male person stood at the end of my bed on a side ways view with his head tilted to 1 side... i frooze and kinda shook my head and looked again and it was gone.

after a week and half i went to my uncles in castleford i saw a photo and a book of condolences on a table i asked my uncles brothert in law who this was, he said thats dean he hung himself a week and a bit back and my uncle had to cut him down as the ambulance wouldnt do it.... i couldnt tell him that it was the same person i saw but couldnt understand why his head was tilted untill i found out what he did..

but saw something freaked me out and made me drop my dinnner on the kitchen floor, i saw an old women standing in my kitchen and im still shaken up now.....

Dude, I don't think you have anything to worry about, either psychically or psychologically.

With regard to the apparition at your bed

This is a very common occurrence. Mrs T. had one a few years back. She said she could see a demon in the room. She showed absolutely no signs of being asleep - she was talking, moving, eyes open, everything. She was absolutely terrified. Needless to say, there wasn't anything there.

These sorts of visions are caused by being in weird, unusual sleep states. The gap between being awake and being asleep is sometimes blurred. If you wake someone up from stage 1 sleep, about 50% of the time, they will tell you that they were actually awake. But we know from brain wave patterns that they were actually asleep.

Sleep researchers can spot the patterns of brain waves associated with these sorts of experiences - that's one reason how we know that they aren't real, even though they really feel like they are.

Regarding the similarities between the vision and the guy who killed himself

The most straightforward explanation is the brain is wired to look for coincidences like this as being significant.

Imagine a guy who has these dreams on these days:

September 8th, 2001 - dreams that he's a hamster

September 9th, 2001 - dreams a bear escapes from the zoo

September 10th, 2001 - dreams a plane flies into a building

He wakes up on September 11th and is convinced that his dream is a vision that foretold the future. Despite the many thousands of dreams he's had that haven't had any contact with reality, he's convinced it's "more than coincidence".

You have to bear in mind that having had this unusual experience, you're primed for anything that might fit in with it. In the same way that if you bought (let's say) a Citroen ZX, you notivce every other ZX on the road.

On the subject of the woman who appeared

Well, you're already in a bit of a state from your previous experience and that's going to make you prone to other experiences. But that can't fully explain it.

Sounds like a flat-out hallucination to me. Could be another weird sleep episode or a waking hallucination. They can occur for all sorts of reasons: everything from food poisoning to sleep deprivation. I think you're priming yourself to see more things by your belief-system.

My guess is that just relaxing, calming down, and not leaping to the conclusion that you've been infested with spirits will be enough to prevent any more episodes.

If it gets to be a regular thing, yeah, get yourself down to the docs.