The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mechanics and test driving cars

Gaz6002

Every cars needs to be road tested.... properlly

:thumbs:

We have to road test cars, its part of our service schedule

Personally I find it a bit odd that someone wouldn't do it... but I've heard a LOT (probably over 10 that I know about) of local garages don't drive the cars.

It's not something I've noticed about any trader on here, this is from other peoples experiences.

well, my ex garage test drove my car every time, even after changing my boot lock on 2 occasions!!!!

Really disliked the fact it was driven after the bootlock change - the only reason they took it out was because it was modified... they had no excuse when I asked them! Main dealer garage too!

I try to avoid driving any customers cars unless vital, especially ones modded by other people, as the more modded the greater chance of something going bang. If I do drive them I prefer, but don't insist, the customer is with me in the car. The number of times people say it does ***add bizarre fault*** at 120 and above and they seriously think I am going to go and check this out on the road.... :(

I was at a pals garage last year and A Customer came in with an absolutely horrendously body kitted and chavved up Skyline in a lurid green. A Customer wanted him to test drive it to listen for some noise or something. I had to laugh when he emerged from the forecourt driving it with a brown paper bag over his head..... :)