The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear fog lamp...........

Supra_Al

My J spec sup had the inner brake lights rewired as fogs, this i don't like as i like to see all four brake lights.So for now i've rewired the brake lights back to normal,ie four brake lights.Come MOT i can easily rewire them back up,naughty but hey!.

Question; if i now add my fog lamp feed back into the inner brake light, will it illuminate just that lamp of both brake lamps,therefore leaving me with no brake light when the fog is on?Hope you understand what i'm saying here?Will 2 feeds to the brake light ie,fog on and braking blow something? I've done a 'search' on here,but can not find the info. Al.

You want to take a look at the TRL Performance web site (Pete Betts), he has a set of instructions on there which allow you to have 4 brake lights most of the time, and still use 1 set of brake lights as fogs when needed. Had it on my import for years and never had a problem passing MOT or anything.

JB

Originally posted by Supra_Al

:) ......Thanks Adam, did you fit it? If so is it hard to do?Al.

I installed Pete's kit myself. It's a relay but with all the wires attached. All the wires are colour coded, and the diagram he supplies shows you where to connect them. Easy to fit - and works a treat :p

Cheers guys.

Supra_Al, drop me an email on [email protected] if you're interested in the Fog conversion (Fcon) kit.

OR... just follow the wiring diagram freely available on my site.

TRL Fcon

All I provide is the fully wired up relays. You have to wire them in of course.

Saves you working out how the relay bit works I guess.

Regards

Pete