The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Britain today?

CJ

I have just had this sent through via email. What are your views?

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be Gt Britain if we

continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other

countries that came to live in Britain because it is the Country of

Choice?????? Think about it . .

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I

celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we

can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's

Greetings. It's not Christmas holiday, it's Winter Break. Isn't it

amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas

holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not

offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one

has a problem with that. This says it all! This is an editorial written by a British citizen, published in a National newspaper He did quite a job didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITS MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending

some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on the

7th of the 7th we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the

majority of Brits. However, the disgust about the attacks had barely

settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about

the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone

who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain, Our population is

almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. (The Danes,

Romans ect.) However, there are a few things that those who have

recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to

understand. This idea of the Brits being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and

victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Indian, Urdu, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,

Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part

of our society, learn the language!

"Land of Hope & Glory" is our motto. This is not some Christian,

right wing, political slogan We adopted this motto because Christian

men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and

this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it

on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you

consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is

part of our culture.

If the 'Union Jack' flag offends you, or you don't like our QUEEN,

then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this

planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change,

and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This

is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our Laws give every

citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every

opportunity to do so!

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our

flag, our lifestyle our government, or our way of life, I highly

encourage you take advantage of one other great BRITISH freedom, THE

RIGHT TO LEAVE.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of that.

What takes the biscuit is the people in this country, that have lived in this country all their lives, hate the country and western life so much they want to destroy it. :shrug:

We do need to adopt to a certain amount of change with the world or we'll be left behind, but the degree and speed it is happening is frightening.

We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not

offend anyone, that I am now being offended.

I'll never adopt a forced new way of thinking. It's still Merry fu*king Christmas and a Christmas holiday to everyone I meet.

Replying to all of it would take too long, so just a few choice titbits:

There's a difference between living here and wanting to become part of the society. Many choose to live in a society that replicates their homeland - I have no issue with that. As long as they pay their taxes and abide by our laws then I have no issue with their being, say, an Indian society in a particular area of a city.

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

I don't believe in God but consider myself English. I would much prefer to make the choice as to if I want to be religious or not - worshipping God was part of my primary school education (and it was a normal state school). I would quite happily remove God from English culture and let people choose.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change

Cultural change is part of society's development. Our culture used to burn suspected witches at the stake, or to send children into coalmines, or to not allow women to vote. I'm glad we changed from that.

and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

Well, I'm quite interested in how the Indians cook food, or how Italians make pizza. Or how the Japanese build cars maybe...? Is this person really so arrogant as to believe that they know best about everything and can learn nothing from anyone else?

I think that's sufficient to show it's largely crap.

Replying to all of it would take too long, so just a few choice titbits:

There's a difference between living here and wanting to become part of the society. Many choose to live in a society that replicates their homeland - I have no issue with that. As long as they pay their taxes and abide by our laws then I have no issue with their being, say, an Indian society in a particular area of a city.

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

I don't believe in God but consider myself English. I would much prefer to make the choice as to if I want to be religious or not - worshipping God was part of my primary school education (and it was a normal state school). I would quite happily remove God from English culture and let people choose.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change

Cultural change is part of society's development. Our culture used to burn suspected witches at the stake, or to send children into coalmines, or to not allow women to vote. I'm glad we changed from that.

and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

Well, I'm quite interested in how the Indians cook food, or how Italians make pizza. Or how the Japanese build cars maybe...? Is this person really so arrogant as to believe that they know best about everything and can learn nothing from anyone else?

I think that's sufficient to show it's largely crap.

I agree with your comments totally.

It IS an extreme, and was probably written by somebody who can remember when people were proud to be British and faught WWII. A mentality still wholly felt within most rural parts of the country.

It does highlight the main point which is although we are a multicultural society (which is accepted as progression) should the majority of this established society be asked to change their ways to make others feel more comfortable? (There have been many highlighted instance of this in the media and even on this board - wasn't it PO ferries who couldn't wear short sleaves?)

I believe as I said before - there will always be resistance to change (that's human nature), but it's the speed that things are changing which people are finding difficult.

Even the extreme examples given of

suspected witches at the stake, or to send children into coalmines, or to not allow women to vote.

took many many years to change.

It's not about racism.

I am English first and British second and these type of mails really annoy me.

one of the few things that made this country so strong is our ability to accept all cultures, creeds and colours.

If we didn't do this this the extremists wouldn't be able to go for a lager/vodka on a Friday night followed by a curry/kebab/pizza. We'd still be drinking mead and eating with our bare hands.

We take on other phrases and words from other languages so that English can grow .

I have never been asked to not say Merry Christmas but I am educated enough to know that if I do wish it to somebody who doesn't celebrate it then they may be a bit offended, but equally I would expect them to be equally informed that they wouldn't take too much offence.

The Christmas thing is very interesting because it celebrates the birth of Christ not the day you get an new i-pod or x-box and yet how many of the paki, nigger, chinky, wog, etc, etc hating brigade go to church to celebrate it?

The Christmas thing is very interesting because it celebrates the birth of Christ not the day you get an new i-pod or x-box and yet how many of the paki, nigger, chinky, wog, etc, etc hating brigade go to church to celebrate it?

Steady!

It does highlight the main point which is although we are a multicultural society (which is accepted as progression) should the majority of this established society be asked to change their ways to make others feel more comfortable? (There have been many highlighted instance of this in the media and even on this board - wasn't it PO ferries who couldn't wear short sleaves?)

No, I agree, they shouldn't. But equally I'm not sure they have? Your P&O Ferries example (and I accept it was just an example) couldn't really be called 'the majority of society'. Are there any examples of the majority of society having to change in this country to make others more comfortable? Racist activity would be one, but no one could never say that was a bad change.

I believe as I said before - there will always be resistance to change (that's human nature), but it's the speed that things are changing which people are finding difficult.

What speed? We've had people of different backgrounds living here for decades! To take an example, I grew up with people who probably were offended by my celebrating of Christmas, and yet only in the last couple of years have I started to see things about not celebrating it for fear of offending people. So that's over 30 years it's taken for 'change' to occur.

(I have to say that personally I don't agree with it - I'm not offended by their celebration of their own religious days, so why should they be offended by mine? It's the use of the word 'offended' I always find a little odd - are people really offended by it or is it simply a day they don't celebrate or recognise? I'm not sure how people are 'offended' by it...?)

I see it as evolution - we learn that our old ways were wrong and change them. That makes us a better society.

Anyway, I can't help but feel the thing was posted by CJ just to provoke discussion! :)

I suspect that most of the 'there will be always be an England' brigade will not, as the case with the majority of immigrants

Work hard in industries that we consider 'dirty'....

Making money for themselves and their families...

Encourage high academic standards from their kids...

Encourage community spirits and the upholding of their religious beliefs...

BTW - did anyone see how the graduates from Poland come over here and work their arses off to build themselves a new life?

Our so called 'British' society....

Bunch of lazy, good-for-nothing whingers who expect the state to pay for their fags, booze and SKY boxes...and then blame their lot on the hard working who have enough gumption and pride to get off their arses and make a life for themselves and their kids....

:eek:

So that's over 30 years it's taken for 'change' to occur.

Exactly - that's bloody quick in the bigger picture. People don't adapt that fast. If you're 50/60+ years old you've witnessed a massive change in the world within your lifetime. The younger generation and city dwellers find it more acceptable due to exposure and experience.

You're right - it is evolution.... although I'm still never going to accept Snizzleing me yozzel or whatever. ;)

..and yes - I think Col is just trying to start WWIII for his own amusement.

Bunch of lazy, good-for-nothing whingers who expect the state to pay for their fags, booze and SKY boxes...and then blame their lot on the hard working who have enough gumption and pride to get off their arses and make a life for themselves and their kids....

:eek:

Yes. I've said that before too and got flamed for it.

I find it interesting that it's usually 'western' do-gooders behind all these high-profile "discrimination" cases and the likes of "Xmas is offensive to non-christians"

Do-gooders who buy villas using public money in the back of sorry excuses for human rights 'abuses'

Do-gooders who become very rich by renting houses to illegal immigrants and claiming from the council coffers FOUR times what they repay at the bank for the mortgage.

There's a *huge* industry based on skimming the taxpayer on the back of immigration, housing and legal 'assistance'.

Despite what the politicians claim in public, the corruption runs deep, and starts at the top.

Ever heard the New Model Army song - (I forget the title)

"Everybodies on the make,

that what makes this country great.

All we wanted in the end,

was world domination and a whole lotta money to spend,

It's really not that much to ask,

Just the same as everybody else."

I like the Leonard Cohen song "Everybody Knows"

I first heard it as part of the strip routine in Atom Egoyan's "Exotica"

So very true...

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed

Everybody knows that the war is over