The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scrap engine

ADL Mark

Has anybody in the southeast area got a scrap engine they're willing to let me have for very little or nothing?

I only want the crank, rods and pistons and would prefer that at least something there is knackered (i.e. spun bearings or overly worn bores etc. ) as long as the main parts don't look broken.

For a little project at home to make something arty ;)

Can collect if anybody has something going, cheers! :)

Has anybody in the southeast area got a scrap engine they're willing to let me have for very little or nothing?

I only want the crank, rods and pistons and would prefer that at least something there is knackered (i.e. spun bearings or overly worn bores etc. ) as long as the main parts don't look broken.

For a little project at home to make something arty ;)

Can collect if anybody has something going, cheers! :)

Give Hoff a shout he would be glad to make a few quid back out of his misfortune I would say ?

I did contemplate PM'ing him but Shropshire is a fair old way from the South East, especially as I'm right down on the coast in East Sussex.. :(

Would cost me a fortune in fuel before I've even started and I was hoping for a cheap project to while away some time :D

I've got a spare engine (no head but block, crank, rods, pistons, etc all there) that I could do with getting rid of cos I need the space.

£50 buyer collects. It's at PO8 if you want to judge how far away we're talking.

You can get a rear F1 wheel on eBay every now and again for a touch over £100, I always thought that with a round glass circle would make a nice table too.. Don't want to push my luck though!

Found this - bit disappointing TBH

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORMULA-1-GOODYEAR-TYRE-GLASS-TOP-TABLE_W0QQitemZ250243111336QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2876QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Yeh that is a bit bland, just a tyre and glass, doesn't even look like a decent F1 tyre. You'd want at least a modern looking slick with the chunky sidewalls. I reckon a wheel would be a much better punt.

Simon, cheers I will bear that in mind especially if someone has a scrap crank that I can have :)

I've got a spare engine (no head but block, crank, rods, pistons, etc all there) that I could do with getting rid of cos I need the space.

£50 buyer collects. It's at PO8 if you want to judge how far away we're talking.

jake clear your PM's mate

Cheers Jake, will have a look on multimap and let you know ;)

Mark i'm interested in Jake's TT block. I have a NA block and don't strictly need jakes crank/piston rods etc (although i'd rather keep these as spares and give you na pistons :) )

I work close to Jake and could probably come someway towards you (Crawley/horsham/haywards heath?) at the weekend if you're up for it?

Scooter, that's cool. If Jakes parts are useful to somebody then they're better off being used for that as obviously I'm just wanting them as ornaments. Makes no difference to me if they're TT or NA bits :)

Would definitely be up for that at the weekend though, cheers :D

Scooter, that's cool. If Jakes parts are useful to somebody then they're better off being used for that as obviously I'm just wanting them as ornaments. Makes no difference to me if they're TT or NA bits :)

Would definitely be up for that at the weekend though, cheers :D

cool i'll try and get hold of Jake and let you know when i get it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.