The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would make a good business?

JamieP

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Build a care home with your building knowledge, get a manager out of another care home to work for you (so they can sort out staff and what is exactly involved) and you make a fortune!

My company own a few and an average one holds 80people.

average cost per person to live there is £400 a week

£400 x 80 people =£32000

£32000 x 52 weeks =£1,664,000 minus your costs!

That is a bloody good idea actually!!

I have a friend who's family has 2 of them now and lets just say they dont do a lot of work and they drive their Porsche's and Ferrari's to the pub every week :D

Build a care home with your building knowledge, get a manager out of another care home to work for you (so they can sort out staff and what is exactly involved) and you make a fortune!

My company own a few and an average one holds 80people.

average cost per person to live there is £400 a week

£400 x 80 people =£32000

£32000 x 52 weeks =£1,664,000 minus your costs!

That how the scot dragon duncan bannatyne made his money!

Building go kart tracks etc is out, to much money to outlay that i dont have, and i dont think the money is in that type of thing.

Im not interested in anything to do with cars or activaty days.

to go with the business you got going already have you thought about landscaping as it sort goes hand in hand with building

I do landscaping now, im a one stop building firm, anything a home owner wants i do.

My brother brought a run down shop he used to own years before and turned it into a cafe. It employs about 5 - 6 staff and he just pops in every now and then. He sourced most of the gear online and we fitted it all and just made it tidy.

It pays his mortgage and if anything is made on top then thats a bonus.

how about buy to let mortgages?

Thats my plan for later in life anyway. You can make approx £200 per month profit per house. You need approx 20-30k to get a house. You can usually buy a port folio for around the 1/4 million mark and that way you aren't starting from the bottom. The thing is, that just makes money. It doesn't really give you something to do.

Only problem with buy to let mortgages and making money is that you have to pay capital gains tax.

And if people are not paying it at the moment the tax man will catch up with them and hand them a hefty bill.

Thats why there are less and less people doing it these days to make money because the tax man always gets his share

How about a dedicated child care/minding centre, you could kit it out to look fantastic, they also make the OAP's centre look cheap per week compared to toddlers, Canary Wharf/London £600+ a week, staff earn minimum wage

You can get all the staff from an agency so no HR issues

Child care is a great money maker, my mates mum runs a place up the road and they make a mint, £940 a month out here in the sticks, trouble is the mortgage on a big enough place would be huge if i could even get one.