The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hungarian F1 Grand Prix

grahamc

I'm going :eyebrows:

Had a phone call from a mate who has some company tickets, but we're driving there and back in a 18 months old BMW (oh the shame of it!) 5.18am eurotunnel on Thursday.

The tickets he has blagged are 900 euros a pop, for the whole weekend, including some meals and seats opposite the 3rd row of the grid. I shall take my Welsh flag if that helps you... Will you be wearing a white carnation so I can identify you?

I'm going :eyebrows:

Had a phone call from a mate who has some company tickets, but we're driving there and back in a 18 months old BMW (oh the shame of it!) 5.18am eurotunnel on Thursday.

The tickets he has blagged are 900 euros a pop, for the whole weekend, including some meals and seats opposite the 3rd row of the grid. I shall take my Welsh flag if that helps you... Will you be wearing a white carnation so I can identify you?

bastard :taped:

And good weather* too! :taped:

*If you enjoy heatwaves

Im from South Africa, its not a heat wave until it 35+

Phew... Just found my passport after a panic :rolleyes:

Look out for me Graham, This is my tour outfit (Always important to blend in with the natives :eyebrows: )

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll96/crooked_spliff/italy2003061.jpg

Will do mate! Just please clarify are you the one in the Police uniform? ;)

I will be running around with a Nikon camera attached to my face taking as many pics as I can :D

What a great trip!! Was really good fun!! A tad on the warm side... Some good racing.... Not a great city, but was a good trip, loved the warm weather!

Will post some pics a little later.

Not a great city? I had a fantastic time in Budapest. The Sir Lancelot themed restaurant, the lap dancing club, dining in the evening sun looking at the peaches... over the Danube to the castle overlooking the city... All great memories.

Playing with a fellow Supe in Wiltshire at 1am this morning was a special highlight as I entered my 1200th mile of the drive home.

The whole international experience of the GP was also great especially jumping up and cheering Masa's engine blow right in front of me only to be glared at by a few thousand Ferrari fans. (Well they did it when Hammy punctured :innocent:)

All in all a great trip... Enhanced by the free supergold tickets and VIP entry into and out of the track enhanced the situation sure but my, did I have some fun.

I have some piccies as well but they look similar to GrahamC's.

Is it just me who thinks that if McClaren had changed the wheels on the first stop he wouldn't have had the puncture especially as he was wearing the lefts more than most drivers?

All that's left now is the wait to see if the French act on the speed camera photo but I did have to keep up the good work set by the co-driver so I had have an excuse :rolleyes:

Not a great city? I had a fantastic time in Budapest. The Sir Lancelot themed restaurant, the lap dancing club, dining in the evening sun looking at the peaches... over the Danube to the castle overlooking the city... All great memories.

Playing with a fellow Supe in Wiltshire at 1am this morning was a special highlight as I entered my 1200th mile of the drive home.

The whole international experience of the GP was also great especially jumping up and cheering Masa's engine blow right in front of me only to be glared at by a few thousand Ferrari fans. (Well they did it when Hammy punctured :innocent:)

All in all a great trip... Enhanced by the free supergold tickets and VIP entry into and out of the track enhanced the situation sure but my, did I have some fun.

I have some piccies as well but they look similar to GrahamC's.

Is it just me who thinks that if McClaren had changed the wheels on the first stop he wouldn't have had the puncture especially as he was wearing the lefts more than most drivers?

All that's left now is the wait to see if the French act on the speed camera photo but I did have to keep up the good work set by the co-driver so I had have an excuse :rolleyes:

Im not into the lap dancing bars and that, so not ideal for me. Architecture and history wise, there are better cities to go visit, but overall we had a great time as well.

Spent too much money in the ferrari store... And yes I cheered when Hamilton got the puncture. I took pics of him crawling into the pits :p

They did change them, they always change tyres every stop unless sometimes if they are on intermediates on a drying track when they leave them in the hope the tread will wear down and turn them into slicks effectively.

They did change them, they always change tyres every stop unless sometimes if they are on intermediates on a drying track when they leave them in the hope the tread will wear down and turn them into slicks effectively.

I heard on the commentary that on the first stop they hadn't changed the wheels... only refueled as it took 5 laps for the McClaren to rough them up to race pace. :search:

And Graham, just to say that I was a bit naive as the Hungarian guy we was with said he was taking us to a club for dancing and I thought we were off to a disco. I was actually quite uneasy when we got to the club and I was approached by girls young enough to be my daughter trying to get me to pay £30 for a private dance and half of us left after a quick pint. Ist and last time I'll go to such a place though my wife thinks it hilarious that I was so stunned by the experience!