The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£49.99 Sat Nav

michael

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered one to try out, decent screen size, you can tinker with the OS, it does speed cameras via this site:

http://www.gps-support.eu/speedcam_index.php

And so on...

Do you need to change the OS to get speed cameras on it? I find the talk on AVForums a bit confusing.

Mine arrived today - interestingly marked next day delivery when I only paid the standard £49.99

I've put TomTom on mine now. I tested the turbodog software that comes on it on the way to work this morning and it worked fine, but is very slow when it comes to searching for postcodes. The spoken instructions were driving me nuts too, they are repeated so many times and way to early. You get things like this:

In 500 meters, turn right

In 400 meters, turn right

In 200 meters, turn right

In 100 meters, turn right

Turn right

Arggh! It even said "In 2 kilometers, turn left" at one point!

TomTom is working fine on it.

OK have got TT6 to work and got some of the bonus voices loaded. Takes forever charging through USB and I found my cigarette lighter in the Integrale doesn't work. Hopefully give it a charge in the Supra tomorrow :)

A really good buy for £50 :)

I gave mine a bit of a test at the weekend - it did OK, no real issues with Turbodog v5.0 but it's recalculate function isn't as good as TomTom so I'll probably swap over to that.

Imagine you have 2 roads to choose from, road A is the shortest and potentially quicker if it's empty but road B will allow you to drive faster with no delays. If the nav software picks A and you drive on B it will constantly try to get you to turn around and go back to A. You have to delete the route and then add it again when B is shorter than A so that it will favour that road. TomTom tends to be more willing to recalculate on the fly and take you the best way.

But for £49.99 I'm really impressed, it's not perfect but with the move from v4.0 to v5.0 it seems slightly quicker to load, the display is clear, the instructions are given out well in advance (perhaps too far as mentioned above) and the voice isn't as annoying as other cheaper units. I think my only remaining gripe is that they have chosen blue as the colour for land in the day time which makes it a bit weird looking but you get used to it.

Definately recommend the TT6 update. Map much cleaerer without all the blue. Got me to B&Q and home again ok and it quickly recognises if you've gone a different way and recalculates without asking you to turn round :)

Despite my broadband it's taking years to download it :(

The questions come in pairs!

Is it worth downloading the speed cameras or does TT6 come with them? What size SD card do you need?

And finally, I assume you have to register to get turbodog 5? Is there a cost to this before I faff around? :rolleyes:

Despite my broadband it's taking years to download it :(

The questions come in pairs!

Is it worth downloading the speed cameras or does TT6 come with them? What size SD card do you need?

And finally, I assume you have to register to get turbodog 5? Is there a cost to this before I faff around? :rolleyes:

The link for the TomTom software SimonB posted seems to be working well

It's certainly a maze. I looked on AVForums and got well & truely confused.

TurboDog 5 is a free download on the original Ebuyer link Michael posted. SimonB posted the TT6 link

TT6 seems to have speed camera warnings, but I guess you need to subscribe to keep them up to date

I've ordered a 2GB Kingston SD card fom Ebuyer and a USB SD card reader as copying stuff to the Navigo takes forever

I just to me in some timewarp when I enter this site. Let's me know the product but I can't find the download link :(

edit: Sorry Jaymdee, just read your post again and I was folowing the wrong link. what a plonker

No probs Jon. Hope you get it sorted mate :p