The mkiv Supra Owners Club

John Howard Speech about immigrants

MaveriK

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told recently to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

John Howard (ex PM of Australia) struck a chord with this speech: -

Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country that accepted YOU!'

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately we have no one in politics or government with the balls to say it!!:(

H.

maggie had balls (probably)

i agree totally Paul, this country, like most others, is too scared to stand up for itself because it is worried it might offend people, leaving itself wide open for the moneygrabbing tosspots of this world to sue for compensation etc etc

reminds me of a song by the time capsules called should have listened to uncle enoch;)

Had that sent before, it's not entirely true. It's a bastardisation of an American rant and some comments made in e-mail by the Aussie PM apparently. http://www.snopes.com/rumors/thisisamerica.asp

I couldn't possibly agree with it though for fear of being called a racist.

i totally agree with everything said, even if it wasnt entirely shouted of the rooftops in one rant, this the stance that should have been taken here long go, thats why i want to live in switzerland, they take this stance 100%, never thought id say it but theres nothing GREAT about britian anymore! bet the vets who fought in the world wars are proud! NOT!

Sadly I think that we have come to far to back down... :(

I agree with the sentiment of the words, but now we have human rights, nothing like that could ever get said here, let alone put into action...

PC is going to kill up all... and I don't mean you Kranz...

yep same here, I totally agree, the country is a state and cant see it recovering.....whos up for Oz then :D

the man that swings this country back to how it used to be and restore real british values will be a hero overnight