The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Abolish plans to build a £100 million mega Mosque

Guest Geneb

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was being built with private money?

If it isn't then there is no way the British public should pay (same goes for any religious building IMO, unless it's an ancient building or monument). We can't even maintain the buildings significant to British history right now so no way we should spend money for immigrant/modern British institutes before the existing infrastructure is in order.

Not really sure who is paying for it-(first ive heard of it)

Presumably the Islamic faith would have no problem with anyone building £100m Church of England church in any of their countries?

:)

Maybe a hospital may be a better idea?

Or at least a few cleaners for our Hospitals.

Presumably the Islamic faith would have no problem with anyone building £100m Church of England church in any of their countries?

Lol, it'd be a good day for the companies that supply effigies of westerners I guess :D

Peace and understanding is not something preached in Islam.

im not racist or riligionist even thi im atheist but it takes the pi** big style!!!!!!!!!

they should burn all mosques in this country

if we were in there country and had any church built,how long would it be ther and what would happen if we went into that church!?!?!?

Not really sure who is paying for it-(first ive heard of it)

:)

Maybe a hospital may be a better idea?

Or at least a few cleaners for our Hospitals.

Trying walking through Saudi customs with a crucifix or a copy of the bible and see how far you get before you're dragged into a room for questioning.

People have been arrested, locked up and then publicly flogged for holding Christian prayer meetings in their own home. Applying for planning permission for a church? :rlol: Now that would be funny, if it wasn't followed by torture.

Guest Geneb
im not racist or riligionist even thi im atheist but it takes the pi** big style!!!!!!!!!

they should burn all mosques in this country

if we were in there country and had any church built,how long would it be ther and what would happen if we went into that church!?!?!?

Couldn't have put it better but i was trying to be P.C.:p

While people will find many other reason for opposing this project, the use of taxpayers money probably shouldn't be one of them. I haven't been able to find any evidence that this is where the money is coming from.

Here's more background info for those who are interested:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/politics_show/6040892.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/09/25/do2502.xml

Well if it is preached, then it's not listened to enough by some!

well the same can be said about other people too - i know people who dont have a foggiest, yet still have church weddings/christenings etc etc ... its a double edge sword - just because someone says they have a belief in something doesnt really mean jackshit.. :)

While people will find many other reason for opposing this project, the use of taxpayers money probably shouldn't be one of them. I haven't been able to find any evidence that this is where the money is coming from.

Here's more background info for those who are interested:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/politics_show/6040892.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/09/25/do2502.xml

Sorry I don't care where the money comes from, it should never be built:blink: