The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to do in London?

Pete

London eye is well worth doing, but the queues can be a little off putting. Would also recommend a walk round Covent Garden and Leicester square - some good pubs. St James park is also quite nice for a wander around - I think thats the place with the loose pelicans.

I popped into the Tate Modern last weekend and spent an hour wondering why I couldn't understand the "art".... however the cool slides they have in there looked really good fun :D

Just let the locals be your guide, you'll soon get into it all :)

Have a good break, I have bail money on hand in case it all goes wrong.

Sounds about right! :D

excellent, nice one :thumbs:

The ICE bar was cool (literally!) - see pics.

Surely the Natural History Museum is a must!!?

Certainly is! You really need a week to go around the place though. Been a few times, Science museum is also a must see for everyone.

Go to Waterloo tube station, stand in front of a camera with a sign saying "member of Supra owners club. free ticket required"

I did, I was spat on and kicked like all the other poor plebs holding boards around London. (what a crap job?!)

On a serious note, the theatre is great down there! Also I recommend the comedy club in Leicester Square - a great night out. :)

Been to see a few West End shows. Always fantastic. Tried to get into Mary Poppins - but only bad seats left.

If you hadn't guessed, it's vile in the tube, and the pollution...you can guess the rest. Take a cab!!

All valid points. I'd forgot how awful London is. All those people crammed into a small area, all peed off and in a rush to get someone else else (I'm not surprised!).

I got stuck in a traffic jam, barely moved a mile in 45mins. Coming out of a traffic light junction to turn right two lanes into two lanes. The locals somehow managed to generate four queues of traffic cramming up to one inch away from each other - except the complete tw@t in the white van behind me who thought one inch into my bumper would be better! I lept out to check out the damage - the guy just couldn't give a shit. TNT driver - obviously does this kind of thing on an hourly basis. He was like "what's the problem?". Thankfully I have stock plastic bumper which had zero damage - no paint mark or anything. I was not pleased though.

That congestion charge expansion is a nightmare too. I nearly ended up in it and paying 8 quid for 15mins and a quarter of a mile!

It's the same walking around - people just barge into you all the time (maybe that's just all the pick pockets!).

I really don't know how people put up with it. Ok so it's got some advantages being our capital city, but it's such a noisy, dirty horrible place.

I'm come back so happy I live in Shropshire.

Pete sorry for hi-jack, but if you fancy a pint we're a friendly bunch.. nothing like eastenders on the telly!

Thanks for the offer (which I didn't see until now). We spent today at Greenwich - very interesting place.

That would've been interesting.

London eye is well worth doing, but the queues can be a little off putting. Would also recommend a walk round Covent Garden and Leicester square - some good pubs. St James park is also quite nice for a wander around - I think thats the place with the loose pelicans.

I popped into the Tate Modern last weekend and spent an hour wondering why I couldn't understand the "art".... however the cool slides they have in there looked really good fun :D

London Eye is brilliant, but you're right - you really need to prebook on their website. Did that last time along with the Tate. I agree, some of it is extremely questionable as art.

Keep a close rein on your valuables though, pick pockets a plenty.

Good advice for the whole City really.

Even the carpark at Greenwich today had a sign up saying "CCTV monitoring, ring this number for any incidents". What? You mean it's such a regular occurance they publish the contact number for everyone in 4 foot high red numbers?!

I wasn't happy having taken the Supra there in the end and won't do it again.

The Hilton Docklands was very good though - with a very tight (but secure) garage.

Still had a great time.

Friday at Hampton Court - Really pleased we went there. Customed actors guide you round this amazing Royal Palace of old.

Sat - Tower of London. They've really made a lot of extra efforts since I last went a few years ago.

Then the Ice bar - expensive for 40mins slot and a drink, but fun to do. Oxford St, Regent St and around in the evening.

Couldn't get into gauchos so we went to China town (New Year celebrations at the moment) and found a small place with great food. Made it back early on the tubes as we didn't fancy that too late back to docklands.

Greenwich today, the Median line, Royal Astronomy, another tour guide. Great stuff. :)