The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric shavers

CJ

I currently have the best electric shaver philips sell £250.....and its Ok, not worth £250 worth more like £50....to be hounest the reason its so expensive is because it cleans itself n has a travel charge pouch...but im not complaining as i got it for £140 :D....but u know i also work in a electrical shop and i have to admit, the top of the range braun is meant to be alot better, Iv read many reviews etc and the brauns are the business...

However when i do my beard, i first have a wet shave (going with the grain using a mach 3), then dry it off and have an electric shave (going against the grain aswell), use a saloon quality wahl beard trimmer to do the close patterns and a small head attachement for the beard trimmer that makes it a foil trimmer (similar to electric shave), this normally gets really smooth results in places under nose etc....But all in all if you dont have a beard and want a smooth shave have a wet shave using a mach 3 (going with the grain), and then use one of the top of the range braun electric razors and it will get u really smooth skin, and it should be no where near as irritating as if u went agaisnt the skin with a wet razor...

I have always been a foam and razor type guy but as my old Mum is struggling to think of anything to buy me - well, anything that will fit into a suitcase so that I can take it back and not have top pay weight charges - I was thinking of maybe trying an electric shaver.

As those of you who know me will testify, it will be worked quite hard as I shave my face and head daily so would need to be fairly robust. :D

I have electric supplied into my bathroom so can use that or a battery model but would prefer the choice TBH. Bear in mind this is a present from my Mum so a model under £50 would be preferred.

Any recommendations?

My advice is stick to foam and razor, since you're a foam and razor guy. Maybe she can get a special foam and a special razor for you to take back.

I just think its sweet that your mum is going to this much trouble. Means more than a present you don't particularly want or need.

I'm also an old fashioned foam 'n' razor guy. I've got a phillishave (approx £100 when I got it) which I've generally been pleased with. They might do cheaper ones now that don't have a display panel that looks like something from the starship Enterprise.

My advice: ask for one that can be used whilst it is charging. Very important! I don't think they can all do this. Picture the scene: you wake up, have a stretch and a yawn, maybe a scratch downstairs to make sure everything's all present and correct, you'll then go to use the shaver, you're in a bit of a hurry, and the thing's dead. You plug it in, but you can't use it at the same time. Aaargh!

...My advice: ask for one that can be used whilst it is charging. Very important! I don't think they can all do this. Picture the scene: you wake up, have a stretch and a yawn, maybe a scratch downstairs to make sure everything's all present and correct, you'll then go to use the shaver, you're in a bit of a hurry, and the thing's dead. You plug it in, but you can't use it at the same time. Aaargh!

I don't think the folks on the beach will be too bothered if I have shaved or not. :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Braun-8585-Activator-Mens-Electric-Razor_W0QQitemZ140186492465QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11844QQcmdZViewItem

There ya go I have used a version of this for nearly 5 years. They are awesome and they clean themselves. The new pulsonic is supposed to be simply amazing but I don't have way over a ton for one.

I've been using that one for a few years now, it is good as I usually get infected follicles with anything other than the alcohol self cleaning leccy razors, but its now mid-day and I can feel stubble, and I'm not a particularly dark-hairy type. The downside is that the foil and cutter combo are around £30 a shot, plus you have to keep buying the refills on-line, or only from huge Boots branches, you'll not get them in the high street.