The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk manual bpu

D8MOA

I told the guy who owned it at the time his name was Gethyn, he didnt reply to any of my e mails after that!

This was my e mail to him.

Hello mate, thanks for the pictures i got your car HPi'ed and unfortunetly it said "Vehicle has been subject of an total insurance loss payment" which was dated: 25/06/1996 not sure if you was aware, goodluck with the sale mate and thanks for your time.

Mite be worth joining up on http://www.mkivsupra.net and see if anyone is intrested on there i am a member as i do own a Import NA supra.

Thanks

Duane

If it has how gutted is the new owner going to be if he finds out or try's to re sell.

Guess it should have been done by the new owner anyway but bad show if seller knew too and not said anything, maybe thats why it was so cheap.

Nice looking car and I hope the new owner is happy.

From a legal view point, (and not totally related to the car) I would be interested to know if a buyer could sue for misrep (presuming he didn't know) or whether it is just buyer beware.

I HPi'ed this a while ago when it was on pistonheads as i nearly brought it.

But it was a total insurance loss in 1996.

Just sold my j spec one similar spec for 11k so i thought it was a bit of a bargin myself. It drives spot on and has been checked over. I did a hpi with car check but just done another one too and that came out clear so im happy:)

I hope that both checks have been done 100% as I know with past HPI's (inc RAC) they have missed vital things, but like your post as long as you are happy that then is the main thing. :)

So is this car still clear then?

Just wondeing as i read your thread on the HPI check site.

Hope so mate

Scott =op

No mate unfortunatly The car was recorded as crash damaged back in 1996 and repaired. I rang up the national database who confirmed this and at the moment i have got a despute going through with mycarcheck.com at the moment who still insist it was never written off. As for the car though im still happy because like i said the car drives fine and you would never know, and £5800 for a uk supra with 74,000k on it i would say is still pretty cheap:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.