The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what is wrong with my central locking

Guest smalls

hi all, been having a mare with this, here goes.

central locking will unlock via keys and switch on drivers door panel,

central locking will not lock via anything

relays make no sound at all trying to lock

when door harness is disconected and switch held in reconnect and it works but only once.

sometimes when the plug is just touching and no more it works fine but connect all the way in and back to nothing.

i think this proves the relays and the switch works but when plug fully on power must be getting lost along the way somewhere.....

if anyone knows what all the wires are coming out the plug that would be great or if anyone else can shed even a little light on this that would be mint.

cheers muchly smalls

sorry for not posting sooner but it was my works xmas doo tonight and i didnt have the time. anyway if your having this problem check the plug on the bottom rear of the drivers door after you remove the panel. if it looks fine shake it to see if any water comes out the loom. disconnect it it and check door operation via the switch on the drivers door panel. if it works basically piss about with the loom and plugs especially cleaning the plugs up. if this fails pm me tommorow as now i'm drunk as i should be and no it wont cost you any money i promise. i'mjust a guy who bought a car and wants to get it sorted!!!!!!

cheers smalls