The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1999 toyota supra rz vvti triptronic HKS T04R FULL SINGLE TURBO

Guest 460supra

Guest pozzy111
Dude, you need to take some new shots as these were the only ones of decent size! Take off the stupid stripes, ditch the spoiler and you'll get much more interest. BTW the last shot with the 'V' reg - is this the same car as no bodykit, spoiler or decals and no personal registration number?

the pic of the car with no kit, on a v plate is the same car as the other 2 pics with the kit on and a private reg.

i know this as it used to be my car, anybody that is unsure then check my garage for before and after pics with the same v plate on it ( which was my personal plate). for anybody seriously interested in this car and not a spelling test i can say that i spent alot of money on it , when i sold it i think i had around 25k worth of receipts. it was mapped by tdi and they said that it was the first vvti tiptronic to be mapped by them and probaly in this country , they were aiming for for 550-600bhp but due to cooling issues they left it at around 460bhp and said for me to add bonnet vents and oil cooler and take it back, so i added the vents and oil cooler and found out the radiator was blocked so i had a new one fitted but never took it back to tdi to get the extra ponies, its quick enough now without adding another 100+ bhp.

i agree with some on here that maybe its time to lose the wing & grafix as when i was spending cash on the car it wasnt that long after the f&f film and i wanted to try and replicate the orange supra and when the car was finished it was a big hit at our local cruise, to the point where i couldnt leave the car to look at others as mine was always surrounded ,i was blinded by camera flashes and i got rep strain in my arm from lifting the bonnet constantly to show:). a cars styling is personal choice and not what other people think but its been a while since the film and styling changes like fashion. if i was going to buy the car back i wouldnt be put off by it , i would take the grafixs off and change the wing myself as i know what money has been spent and what

ponies r still to be unleashed

the price i would have thought is about right considering that a standard 99 v tiptronic is selling from 9,000 -around 12,000 add 25,000 of parts/mapping etc 13,000 doesnt sound that far out to me

anybody have any questions about the car that 460supra cant answer then give me a shout as im off to email some people on the autotrader about the spelling of their car adverts:p

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do remember it from DB06 and I remember liking it. Good luck 460.

Thats a nice supe you got there.May not be every ones flavour with the grafics and wing but they are an easy fix.With the money that has been spent some one will get a very nice supe.good luck to you with the sale and your future venture.

Guest pozzy111
A pertinent question here. You say it could produce xyz power with a remap. Who exactly has mapped it to the settings its on now and how long has it been on that map?

it was mapped by tdi-plc in essex in 2003, they couldnt map it to its full because of detonation so they mapped it to a safe setting until the cooling problem could be sorted which it now is,

every aftermarket performance part i put on that car was to ensure i would get 550- 600bhp as that is what the hks to4r turbo kit is capable of. they told me that it was running around 460bhp at the safe map

Guest pozzy111
Ah thats good. Its not one of the batch of cars mapped by questionable tuners then which is a good thing. So basically its a very fast car that has very real potential to be very very very fast then.

oh yes, its a fast car with alot more potential :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
bump

is the car still available? i've got a friend who might be interested it Single tiptronic

but I'm pretty sure that stickers, rear wing and maybe even the bodykit would put him off - he would need to convert the exterior "back to normal"

however single tiptronic is so difficult to get hold of that he might be still interested

do you have any pictures of the interior and better picture of the engine bay?

has it been de-limited? (I believe tiptronics have the problem going above 130, am I right?)

Guest 460supra
is the car still available? i've got a friend who might be interested it Single tiptronic

but I'm pretty sure that stickers, rear wing and maybe even the bodykit would put him off - he would need to convert the exterior "back to normal"

however single tiptronic is so difficult to get hold of that he might be still interested

do you have any pictures of the interior and better picture of the engine bay?

has it been de-limited? (I believe tiptronics have the problem going above 130, am I right?)

Hi, yes the car still for sale was thinking of keeping it, summers coming. Had it out last weekend still draws alot of attention! Thinking of taking the stickers off next weekend so i'll take sum pic's then mate, i dont want to take the rear wing off because i haven't got time to take to a spray shop as for the front bumper would it get enough cooling for the intercooler ?

• 2 months later...
Guest 460supra
Dude, you need to take some new shots as these were the only ones of decent size! Take off the stupid stripes, ditch the spoiler and you'll get much more interest. BTW the last shot with the 'V' reg - is this the same car as no bodykit, spoiler or decals and no personal registration number?

all stickers now have been taken off

new front bumper soon to be put on

12 months mot

4 months tax

offers ?

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.