The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

Another feel good story.

My existing insurer bumped my renewal premium on my second car (S-Max) from £360 (last year) to £480 (outrageous!) for no apparent reason so I did a little shop around and then called Sky. They quoted me £356 on a like for like policy so understandably I've snapped their offer up like a shot...

I also did a comparison quote on adding my Sup to the policy when current policy expires and they can probably beat it by £150 as well so I'll be persuing that when the time comes too.

Jason was a pleasure to talk to as well, and I've forgiven him for not calling me back :D

Top stuff chaps, well impressed by your rates, and I'm sure if I ever have any bumps that need sorting, you'll be equally tip top. :thumbs:

And another one!

Very pleased with the service I got from Sky today. Had a lot of issues getting quotes from other companies (due to it being a TT auto shell with an NA 5spd fitted), most wouldn't even quote.

Not an issue for Sky, they understood what had been done and provided a quotation based on an SZ (as that's essentially all it is), but made sure all the details were listed in the modifications, so no issues if I get pulled over!

Since this is a 2nd car and I was starting a 2nd policy, they mirrored the full no claims I have on the other car which saved from having to start from scatch again.

Final quote was £450, which is fair. Only £90 more than the modeo...

One happy customer :)

Guys, my wife didn't get the call we were expecting today regarding my car insurance. This has happened a couple of times before with Sky in resepct of our other car quotes so it must be a standard procedure for you guys eh?

:rolleyes:

Hi,

we are still looking to get our best rate on this one, having spoken to my sales team they have spoken to your wife a couple of times this week and we will be back in contact today.

EDIT: We did speak to your wife yesterday. We have called her back today, I'm afraid we are unable to provide a competitive rate for you.

Kind regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

your on save bet here as the car is never used, easy insurance money olly;)

LOL - too right mate. I did 200 miles last year and that included the collection of the from Jurgen's gaff and then a follow-up trip to Jurgens to conduct the JP Shoot.

I'm quite low maintenance really:d

• 3 weeks later...

NO FORUM CONTACT 4th Sept - 14th Sept

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

there will be no forum representation from Sky Insurance for the above dates.

Please direct any queries to email address [email protected] or ring us on 0208 3645500

Thanks

Ollie

• 3 weeks later...

Just got mine all renewed, pretty pleased with how it turned out considering the mods and power specified etc. 31, 9+ years NCB (max), Fully comp, all mods (big single etc) - £800

Just filling in the paperwork now. They asked me to supply proof of club membership ... what exactly should I send for this? I've been a member for 6+ years but not entirely sure that I actually ever got any 'proof'. Other than the fact that I am posting here of course :D

Cheers, J

Just got mine all renewed, pretty pleased with how it turned out considering the mods and power specified etc. 31, 9+ years NCB (max), Fully comp, all mods (big single etc) - £800

Just filling in the paperwork now. They asked me to supply proof of club membership ... what exactly should I send for this? I've been a member for 6+ years but not entirely sure that I actually ever got any 'proof'. Other than the fact that I am posting here of course :D

Cheers, J

Hi,

if you PM me your surname and postcode, I can clear up the proof of membership.

Many thanks

Cheers, J

On the toolbar above:

CLUB EXTRAS -> MEMBERSHIP CONFIRMATION

hth

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 policies with Sky, unfortunatly I sold the supra so had to cancel the insurance, the cancellation fee was £65 so when my other policy comes up for renewal I shall be going elsewhere. Not only for that reason but also because they stated in a letter to me that my refund will take 6 weeks to be procesed, I don't think that is acceptable.

I have 2 policies with Sky, unfortunatly I sold the supra so had to cancel the insurance, the cancellation fee was £65 so when my other policy comes up for renewal I shall be going elsewhere. Not only for that reason but also because they stated in a letter to me that my refund will take 6 weeks to be procesed, I don't think that is acceptable.

Hi Vicky,

I am very sorry to read this but I need to point out that all insurers have cancellation fees, and most brokers do quote the same amount of time as us for refunds. The reason it takes this period of time is that it takes up to 4 weeks for the refund to be sent to us from the policy underwriter. Also, it takes 'up to 6 weeks' sometimes it comes through much, much quicker. You are welcome to PM me your details and I can try and speed the process up for you.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Hi Ollie,

thanks for your reply, I would like to point out that I understand there are cancellation fees working for an insurance company myself. However I feel £65 is excessive but that's the charge so I've accepted that.

I've done a couple of changes on my policy which I have also paid £20 for each time, even though they were only registration amendments and not anything that has altered the 'risk' as such so all in all I've paid over £100 in charges, the least I expected was my refund in an acceptable time frame.