The mkiv Supra Owners Club

christmas function

grahamc

has anyone else had a works christmas function yet?

had mine last night... was a games evening (scalatrix, pool, wii, karaoke). Was actually really good fun and very entertaining...

Learnt a couple of things I would never have known, Sally in HR can play the piano rather well and seems to love titanic a little too much.

Simon, when drunk ties a table cloth on as a cape and calls himself karaoke king.

Elma lady with a thick scottish accent actually sings pretty well.

And for me, well, 8 pints of guinness is just too much for me to handle....

Mine isn't till the 15th, should be a nice night out with my small company, compared to last year when I worked for Hastings Direct, a night I'd rather forget lol

What did you do?

Mine isn't until the 20th :blink:

I stayed sober last year since I had organised it and the place doing the meal were completely incompetent.

Most people at mine were plastered, including the organisers... Finally got to my hotel room at 2:15am

i dont like them. i find that with us everyone is too scared to get drunk incase they say what they really feel. the directors and all the contracts managers are usually present aswell and they are just as serious in real life as they are in work

mine is completely different, we say what we want to most of the time, and even more so when drunk :D

Sometimes so sad when they just cannot relax and enjoy themselves....

We don't have a work organised Christmas do as most of the managers don't celebrate it :rolleyes:

We're going to H.s on the 7th it's a posh dinner dance, some of the women I've spoken to are wearing ballgowns WTF! Like I'm going to hire/buy a ballgown for a works Christmas do! But it is a free night in a nice hotel & free beer!

Vicki x

What did you do?

They hired out an entire club for the call centre people and I was very drunk before I had even arrived, made them stop the coaches as I felt ill and danced in this cage with my boss etc etc to make it worse a few people got videos of me on their cam phones which flew round the call centres by the next morning, it was pretty embarassing!

had 1 wednesday pub then italian, friday posh one in leeds castle, and have 3 more to go to yet:d

You work in IT? Because I still have 3 more to attend as well... nicely spreadout over the month of december :D

They hired out an entire club for the call centre people and I was very drunk before I had even arrived, made them stop the coaches as I felt ill and danced in this cage with my boss etc etc to make it worse a few people got videos of me on their cam phones which flew round the call centres by the next morning, it was pretty embarassing!

Class!! :D Do you by any chance still have that video? Would be entertaining...

Actually I never looked at them, I heard so much about them I never dared to!!! Hopefully, they are all deleted, although I bet I have come up in conversation recently as this years Hastings Direct Christmas party comes up!

Actually I never looked at them, I heard so much about them I never dared to!!! Hopefully, they are all deleted, although I bet I have come up in conversation recently as this years Hastings Direct Christmas party comes up!

maybe they should consider hiring you as the entertainment?

chilled one this year then?

How many job's have you got then?
just the one

You work in IT? Because I still have 3 more to attend as well... nicely spreadout over the month of december :D

nope but have a lot of companys work for us, so i get lots of invites

I haven't been invited to one.

mmmm wonder why:p

Mine is on the 19th at the marriott. food is real posh and its followed by music and dancing, will be good to see how the MD of syner behaves on a casual night as hes usually quite well laid back during work.

As Mrs H posted, we are off to Derby for a bit of a free do and a night in a hotel...:eyebrows: I will have to be on my best behaviour as I upset my German boss at a recent meeting.

He poured me what I thought was a small measure of wine...:rolleyes: To which I enquired "Is there a war on??":)

Didn't go down well apparently although I am still employed!!

H.