The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet another 'How can this be manslaughter?' thread

Soop Dogg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had missed this story in the news and I'm quite frankly appalled!!:( By definition it is manslaughter as they will claim that they didn't mean to kill him but lets face it, they weren't doing him any favours were they...!!:blink:

This is where the law is all wrong and for me it should be simplified. Are they nice people?.....no! Were they just in the wrong place at the wrong time?.......no!

They are sick little bastards who deserve life in prison. A man is dead because of them and it was no accident!! The man was passed out, pissed and defenceless! Could have been any one of us at one time or another......:blink:

This by my definition is murder!!:(

H.

I'm just waiting for the media to find out they both enjoyed a particular game on the computer so that they can kick off about it and ban gaming completely.

You mean you didn't see the release of "Burn, Piss, Drown 2 :Online Tournament" earlier this year?

Anyways, maybe they meant to kill him, maybe they thought he'd wake up if they ditched him in the river, either way if the CPS stuck them on for murder and the defending barristers proved they didn't mean to kill him then they'd have walked away with no punishment. At least they are actually in prison now, rather than out and about doing more terrible things.

I'm just waiting for the media to find out they both enjoyed a particular game on the computer so that they can kick off about it and ban gaming completely.

Jack Thompson at the ready!

Yes this is murder in my mind too, how could they possibly not think an unconscious man would drown if they pushed him in a river?

No doubt they'll get a harsh lenient sentence and repent of their sins associate with other criminal scum whilst inside and come out even worse little shits than when they went in.

Definitly murder! without a doubt. Manslaughter WTF!

You can only charge them with murder if you can prove that they meant to kill him!! A good solicitor/barrister will easily demonstrate that they are a pair of thick crunts who hadn't thought the situation through.......:blink:

Unfortunately the British justice system is the laughing stock of the world and we therefore have to put up with this stupidity!:( They should be tried for murder but if they can't prove this then they should be punished for manslaughter. The sad thing is that if they fail to prove that they meant to kill him then the pair of tw@ts walk free......:blink: The CPS will play it safe and go for what they can prove rather than what actually happened!

H.

(except as i said scotland has wicked recklessness as a ground for murder which removes intent.)

anyway i read somewhere that they tried to pull the person from the water but could not manage it so left him. this would go against an intent to kill.

Yes, the two murderers defendants said that they tried to drag the victim out of the canal. Which obviously can neither be proven or denied.

You can only charge them with murder if you can prove that they meant to kill him!! A good solicitor/barrister will easily demonstrate that they are a pair of thick crunts who hadn't thought the situation through.......:blink:

Unfortunately the British justice system is the laughing stock of the world and we therefore have to put up with this stupidity!:( They should be tried for murder but if they can't prove this then they should be punished for manslaughter. The sad thing is that if they fail to prove that they meant to kill him then the pair of tw@ts walk free......:blink: The CPS will play it safe and go for what they can prove rather than what actually happened!

H.

Look up^^^^, 6 posts above yours...:p

I think so, although the double jeopardy law has changed recently.

Before, you only got one shot to convict a suspect, if the case fell apart through bad evidence collection or some other loophole then a guilty suspect could walk free never to be charged again, like the Stephen Lawrence case.

edit: anyway, that's why sometimes a rape case will be downgraded to assault as that would be a definite conviction for the CPS, whereas rape might be a bit iffy. Cases like the drowned man one show up the weakness in the system, but OTOH if you were innocent and the police kept on arresting you and the CPS kept charging you with all sorts of different stuff you'd be thankful of such a law.

As ever the sword of justice is double edged.

Is it correct that if they were tried for murder and it was instead found to be manslaughter they would walk away free? :blink:

I am pretty sure that this is still the case! The Police charge you with that offence, if you then deny the offence in court and the evidence is not strong enough then you can't go back and be charged with something else instead!

I think the law is stupid. Surely it is up to the court to judge how bad an offence is and not the Police. This is part of the problem too, the Police will submit files to the CPS for procecution. If there are any small flawsin the evidence then the whole thing is thrown out!!

It's so easy for the criminals to pick fault with the Polices' argument that the majority of trials get thrown out before they have even started!!

H.