The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats the greatest supercar of all time ?

Suprasteve

I went for the McLaren F1. It was designed to be the best car out there, and it's still up there with the best supercars of today, even though it was made at the same time as our Supras! The Veyron is an over-budget publicity stunt, which, IMO, looks awful. I wouldn't say no to the performance, but put in a different bodyshell first!

Exactly my thoughts,

Got to be the F1 for me

Tiff gets it right in that video. Owning an Enzo, you know that one day, it WILL be replaced. The McLaren F1 will exist as THE McLaren Flagship.

After my lottery win tomorrow night, my neighbour gets her 1/18th of it (as per our deal....women :rolleyes:), the Supra will be perfected, the Corsa will be savagely sold/crushed and a garaged F1 will be bought. Ahhhhh...Monday will be bliss. Unless I don't win, in which case, Monday'll be another 8 hour drag through til 4.30 :D

Did the "Lamborghini Miura" not technologically take off at high speed Chris?

I have driven one at pretty high speed and whilst no Group C car with 3000 pounds of downforce I don't recall it feeling particularly floaty at speed. Someone did manage to spectacularly write it off a few weeks later though ;)

In those days aerodynamics on road cars were pretty crude to none existent.