The mkiv Supra Owners Club

c'mon england

baz

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that the English always support Scotland, Wales and Ireland yet they never cheer for England in return??

Is the chip on your shoulder just that big due to being born in a lesser country? :p :D

I like to see all the home nations win...

It's like clubs playing in Europe....if an English team is playing I want them to win, no matter if my team isn't in Europe or not....

Why is it that the English always support Scotland, Wales and Ireland yet they never cheer for England in return??

You will be of very few people that I know (although I don't) that supports Scotland in football, rugby etc etc, It may suprise your narrow mind that it is the same both sides of the border. Being Scottish and staying south of the border I have witnessed both sides of the coin. :rolleyes:

big due to being born in a lesser country?

Is that a factual statement or are you just posting shite? Do your research on what Scotland/Wales has given the world before you post utter verbal diarrhea. We are part of the UK, it is statements like your that cause a devide.

errrrr... I wanted England to win as I had a £5 bet on 'em. Was worth losing that though so Wales can win next years home countries tournament...

you know, the one we used to have every year until England thought they needed better opposition. Just like they wanted the biggest slice of the financial pie for the 6 nations rugby....

and you ask this question... :rolleyes:

BTW if it makes you feel better, we always cheer for our fellow Celts if they are playing :p

Is the chip on your shoulder just that big due to being born in a lesser country? :p :D

Nope that comment is the reason ;)

In all honesty its actually the media, not the real supporters. I mean come on, be honest. That was never a penalty and yet the commentator had the guy hung drawn and quartered with "There was definitely contact there". Its a joke, when England win a game they deserve it, when Scotland win they "got off lightly there" according to the english commentators. Wait and see the headlines tomorrow too, it will be full of "we were robbed and deserved to win" even though they didn't play well enough throughout the entire competition to deserve a place.

I have to admit its getting better though, on both accounts. Came to an all time low not so long ago. I hate to see violence because of football. What happened a couple of years back with the boy in an England top on getting shouted at in edinburgh and his dad getting slapped for defending him was an absolute disgrace.

Anyway, my main reason is because you won't let us join your premiership :p

Scott =op

They lost? :rlol:

Excellent. Saves me putting up with all the football supporting piss heads. :yahoo:

Haha, got to agree :D

I never understand this apparent hatred the Scot's seems to have for the English when it comes to National games. Myself and everyone I know always support the Scots (or Welsh/Irish) when they're up against Johnny foreigner, but I've rarely seen the same support from the Scots I've known. IME the Irish and Welsh don't seem to be that bothered and support the 'home' nation but the Scots never do :search:

Haha, got to agree :D

I never understand this apparent hatred the Scot's seems to have for the English when it comes to National games. Myself and everyone I know always support the Scots (or Welsh/Irish) when they're up against Johnny foreigner, but I've rarely seen the same support from the Scots I've known. IME the Irish and Welsh don't seem to be that bothered and support the 'home' nation but the Scots never do :search:

This comment actually made me laugh out loud. Like Alex's comment go up to Scotland when there is an English match on and you will see how narrow minded and uneducated your comment is (awaits the "I have been to Scotland" claims. Pubs and clubs are always packed with football supporters all supporting England if they are playing.

And also your comment on hatred is very harsh taking away any kind of sport, Scotland Vs England etc etc, you should maybe choose your words carfully unless you have proven facts, hatred is an awful word. :thumbdown::no:

This comment actually made me laugh out loud. Like Alex's comment go up to Scotland when there is an English match on and you will see how narrow minded and uneducated your comment is (awaits the "I have been to Scotland" claims. Pubs and clubs are always packed with football supporters all supporting England if they are playing.

And also your comment on hatred is very harsh taking away any kind of sport, Scotland Vs England etc etc, you should maybe choose your words carfully unless you have proven facts, hatred is an awful word. :thumbdown::no:

In fact I was referring to your current and previous comments on here (though have experienced similar comments IRL from Scots - Whether friends or not).

Narrow minded and uneducated :blink:

I've been in an Edinburgh pub when England were playing a match back in 2002, never seen such hatred towards my home nation. I was afraid to speak in case someone heard my accent!

In fact I was referring to your current and previous comments on here (though have experienced similar comments IRL from Scots - Whether friends or not).

Ah! your post was not exactly clear.

I've been in an Edinburgh pub when England were playing a match back in 2002, never seen such hatred towards my home nation. I was afraid to speak in case someone heard my accent!

It would interest me in which area you visited? As with Edinburgh being one of the the most multi cultured cities in the UK it is very hard to find such a pub you claim to have been in. There are certain rough areas that would warrant this but these are isolated.

Myself have cheered against England many moons ago and got a very frosty welcome in my home country.

To be honest, my Brother moved from Scotland (Glasgow) where he'd lived for 6 years because he got so sick of the anti- English 'banter' from friends and work colleagues and what he described as hatred towards the English at any sporting event.

Got to say that it does pi$$ me off in pubs when Scots, Irish & Welsh cheer for the opposition. I naturally side with the home countries, but am now forcing myself to root for the other side

Pubs and clubs are always packed with football supporters all supporting England if they are playing.

that made me laugh. im an englishman whos lived in scotland for 30 years and every time england play everyone suuports the other team.i was in work while the game was on and every time croatia scored a cheer went up

that made me laugh. im an englishman whos lived in scotland for 30 years and every time england play everyone suuports the other team.i was in work while the game was on and every time croatia scored a cheer went up

East coast (Edinburgh) I can assure you does not display the "hatred" that has been described.

it is definitely a "tv commentator hate" type thing. the commentary on england games is soooo biased that it provokes a negative reaction (to the team) in non-engand supporters. i am glad that england did not qualify only because it means i can watch euro2008 without having to either turn the sound off or avoid certain games altogether. there is definitely grounds for having different commentators for the rest of the uk. eg when they started going on about how a third goal for england would just about settle matters in that cocky "this is all too easy now" way (incidentally, you would NEVER hear that chat during a scotland game) you can't help but cheer when the other side score. :)