The mkiv Supra Owners Club

c'mon england

baz

When the confirmation post came through it was minus the smilies - hence my comment that they weren't there in the initial post but added afterwards.

Ahh so you see you need to leave more time for people who've forgotten to add smilies enough time to go back and edit.... ;) :p

Glad you missed the first draft though :rlol: ;)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The smilies weren't there in the initial post but added afterwards.

I thought that aswell as I would never have made a comment back if there was a smiley.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only edit your post for the first two minutes without it saying the post has been edited. Your post was made after that.

I am sure it is only 1 min but regardless if you quote the comment and then type your reply, then when you post it will show the time you post and not the time you quoted the edited post.

Now I don't usually watch football as the only interest I ever have in it is the fantasy football on the Telegraph. But I did watch last nights game for a change, and it seemed to me like Croatia just wanted to win the game a lot more than England (even though they didn't need to). They just seemed a lot more commited and were always after the win.

I hate it (in any sport) when teams go for the draw, and I just thought that England were quite happy to get a draw (obviously because they would have gone through), whether it was 0-0 or 2-2.

All four home nations fail to qualify. you expect it from Wales and Ireland - there just struggeling.

Can I just point out that 'Ireland' is not one of the home nations.

Northern Ireland is, though. And they've done quite well over the past couple of years.

The big difference in N. Ireland is the attitude there over football. They don't expect too much of their team. Nobody talks about the team winning tournaments etc so nobody gets overly disappointed when it doesn't happen. If they do well, everyone is really chuffed about it. (Like when they beat England a couple of years ago. ;) )

Even though N.I. didn't qualify for Euro 2008, they'll still be well proud of their team for doing so unexpectedly well. They beat Spain at home, Sweden at home and away and Denmark at home.(Drew away) And in at least 3 of those games they went a goal down early on, so having spirit to come back was nice to see. Not so long ago, the N.I. team went for over 1000 minutes of football without even scoring a goal!

Unfortunately England don't seem to have much of a team spirit. There are plenty of great players in the team, but to me they look like a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas (sp?) who can't really be bothered to try too hard.

The big difference in N. Ireland is the attitude there over football. They don't expect too much of their team. Nobody talks about the team winning tournaments etc so nobody gets overly disappointed when it doesn't happen. If they do well, everyone is really chuffed about it.

I completely agree. I see a similar thing with English rugby. No-one expected the team to reach the final, but their achievement was sweeter for it.

Unfortunately England don't seem to have much of a team spirit. There are plenty of great players in the team, but to me they look like a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas (sp?) who can't really be bothered to try too hard.

:yes: Reminds me of Lawrence Dallaglio on Top Gear: Andrex football, soft and over-priced!