The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thailand holiday help???

johnd-mkiv

looking at going thailand at the end of march next year will be getting a flight to bangkok, then looking at traveling around, will be either 2 weeks poss 3. Any tips places to go and see what not to do ect. not interested in the strip joints ect as ill be going with a woman.

also a good place to get cheap flights

any help and advice would be great;)

John,

just come back after 2 great weeks. Can offer places to stay in Bangkok & Samui and have a mate who has friends with a hotel in Phuket.

I'm going back in June / July and will offer loads of help if needed.

1 thing though, open a bank account with Nationwide they offer cracking rates for currency withdrawls without charges. Don't get any currency over here get in with Sterling in Bangkok Airport, and most importantly must advise to fly Emirates whilst joining Skywards so you can pick your seats!!

Tom

Bangkok is a must.

Also Chiang Mai is awesome (in the north) for night markets,scenary and a cooler atmosphere. Pattaya is great even though a bit cheesy and sleazy but still cool and good buzzing night lige. Also try krabi for peace and tranquility and awesome beaches.

You will need at least 4 days in Bangkok, 3 days in Chiang Mai + 5 days in Pattaya/beech

I went there for my honeymoon about 4 years ago and it was truly magical. Still think about it now, since then we have been all over the world but Thailand is still my favourite for its balance of shopping,adventure,relaxation,food and people.

We did it first class but you can also do it on a shoe string.

I would probably suggest booking a package as they usually include all the excursions you would ever need and also 'own time'.

We always use Kuoni when doing long haul because of the quality of both service and well planned trips. How much are you looking to spend?

checkout http://www.kuoni.co.uk/holiday/Far_East/Thailand/index.html

and download the 'world wide 2007' brochure (top left) even if you dont use them it gives you loadsa insight into thailand http://www.kuoni.co.uk/brochures/index.html

Not much more I can add to what has already been said here :)

Thailand does have that certain magical feeling when you are on holiday there.

Bangkok - mad city with about 3 days of sights to see there. Still too polluted to spend any more time there.

Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Samet, Krabi - all great beach resort with different levels of sleaze and ultra get away from it all qualities.

Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai - great northen Thailand towns to see more rustic tourist things. Including the River Kwai, elephants and the Golden Triangle....

It's not known as the Land of Smiles for nothing.

Have fun.

I went here and loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.capepanwa.com/

That looks great, was it expensive?

managed to get acouple of Direct flights with Thai airways for 3 weeks 450 quid each which I though was good

looking to stay in bangkok for a couple of days then get a plane upto chiang mai have a look around there for a week then get a plane down south for a beachy/relaxing end to the holiday

That looks great, was it expensive?

managed to get acouple of Direct flights with Thai airways for 3 weeks 450 quid each which I though was good

looking to stay in bangkok for a couple of days then get a plane upto chiang mai have a look around there for a week then get a plane down south for a beachy/relaxing end to the holiday

It worked out at about £1100 each, which was not too bad because that included all the flights, accomodation and meals.

We flew to Bangkok for 2 nights (which is enough I think) then flew to Phuket (Cape Panwa) and stayed there for 11 nights. It has it's own private beach which is amazing!! Only thing that ruined it was the fact that I saw someone from my work on that private beach....we were like WTF are YOU doing here lol. :)

A great place to go though mate, you'll love it!