The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chop shop on discovery..

JustGav

I thought it was good for the first couple of shows. Watched Bangla Bangers as well.

However, it's got to the point now that I just want to hit both Barney & Leepu (sp?) and in the interests of my own blood pressure, I've given up watching it. (I just end up swearing at the TV for an hour, calling them horrible names!)

• 1 year later...

ive been watching it. the cars are just for show. i wouldnt use them on the road!

A few of them have been horrable but one or 2 have been quite nice. i like the sumo car. looks mean. and the one they did for jules holland looked like it suited him. The comaro porche wasnt 2 bad aswell.

However they do tend to bullshit a lot. Apparently they have just had to drive a car from london to santapod at 4am to get it to a show. They said it would take 4 hours... yeah maybe... on a HORSE!

Watching Overhaulin' and Wrecks to Riches most nights, I find the Chop Shop series a right joke.

I understand what Chop Shop are trying to do, but you really wouldn't see me in one of there motors after watching what they do to it,

brings a shiver to my spine every time :eek::wtf:

Like cutting springs :blink:

The episode where they done martin kemps car and the suspension collapsed :taped:

Im just off to look for the pics of johney vegas' golf they done. I see it where they put scooby engine and full running gear in but apparantly ruined the outside.

Oh dear, what a shame http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMc06JDoRFk&feature=channel

I missed the Johnny Vegas one and by the sounds of it, I'm glad I did :taped:

The 1st episode of it i watched and they put ALOT of work into it. All sorts of computer guide jigs and laser thingys and the end result was good, Then they let the "designer" loose on it and that was the end of what could have been a great build.

• 3 months later...

Spotted a Supra on Chop Shop this evening. It was an old episode on Discovery where they decided to make a "Boy Racer" car from an old Fiesta XR2i and a Mundaneo.

Anyway, said Supra was on the Sarfend cruise. Gold with a cf bonnet - plate was blurred out but looked like it might have been something like xx SUP.

Anyone going to own up to being a closet TV star?

I watch this as well, I don't think they have made a single car that looked as if it was safe!!

The VW they knocked up for Vegas was hiddeous, though the one that they did for Ginola looked OK, but I'm not sure about getting into it!!!