The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New skyline gtr for sale.. 52k

JamieP

Like that. Will be good to see a comparison between the new Supe and that. :)

Not the New Supra, but, FYI the LF-A has failed to meet it's top speed targets...It's target is about 350KMH...and it's only getting to 320 I believe (it's in this months EVO). So it's going back to the wind tunnel for more aero tweaking.

I think they should just slap on some turbos :rlol:

Stlying wise I don't like it, the rear end isn't bad but the front it horrible. But, saying that I didn't like the R34 when it came out. Hopefully Nismo will sort out the styling department.

Technology wise I'm sure it's fantastic, but for the asking price there's a lot of other cars to choose from.

I thought ide read that they have split the Skyline and the GTR name, to make 2 differnet cars...

This ones the GTR, but i swear ive seen a pic of a R36 skyline (GT tourer type/ business mans car!)... As they arlready make the R35, looks like a bigger 350Z..... dont like it though...

Blimey they are targeting the big boys with thr LFA then, Aston, ferrari, porsche etc

LF-A is a Supercar...£117k (double the GT-R's cost). Realistically if it's not made entirely of carbonfibre, tipping the scales at close to a tonne....then the GT-R will piss all over it on a track. That's my fear.

New GTR R is awesome, amazed at some people saying how ugly it is, you want a car to look mean, look at all the body kits that people put on Supras, it is hardly to make them look more pleasant(veilside, blitz???)Supra looks too soft, GTr looks like a pit bull, which is how it should, and at the speed it does you won't get long to look!!:)Simple question, i come into a lot of money would i have Supra or GTR?, no brainer imo

It depends how you go about importing it my brother was after a 2005 mustang when they were 1st released importers were selling here for bout 28k. He got incontact with the factory himself placed the order with the factory got sum1 a import the car for him costing him just under 20k incluiding the tax and sva work.

EVO mag hinted at it being difficult to tune due to trick ECUs and mentioned that the cool dash screen display was designed by one of the Gran Turismo team.

A heavy car but the results speak for themselves at a bargain price (in Japan at least).

But we have the Avensis D4D and Landcruiser Amazon so it's not all bad news from Toyota... *sigh*