The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Call of duty 4, what do you think??

MrHanky

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought BF2 was, well a bit crap really, really laggy online, wasn't that much difference between a lot of the classes, and it was easier to just run around as the medic. Couple that with some HUGE maps where you could wander around for 10 minutes without seeing anyone, vehicle maps where everyone just runs around in them, yawn. I got fed up. QUOTE]

I take it you're on about the PC version? I've never really had any lag problems, you just check the ping before you go in. As for the maps being large, I think that's a good thing. Where you have to think about a little bit more, i.e. having to use special forces to take out the opisitions Artillery, Radar and UAVs trailers etc.rather than just a crazy hectic shooter. There is also a big difference as to what you can do depending on youclass/loadout. Being an assault class you become useless against armoured stuff but good against infantry etc.

ArmA is by the same people very very good!

Prostreet is great far better than underground onwards. *cough* got a copy *cough* last night will do a write up tonight with screen shots (no supra yet got a 200SX)

ARMA is made by half of the same team, the other half is making Flashpoint 2.

ARMA is made by half of the same team, the other half is making Flashpoint 2.

Sorry bro but not really. Flashpoint was made/written (whatever you want to call it) by Bohemia interactive and was licensed by Codemasters. Bohemia and codemasters had a bit of a disagreement and went their seperate ways but codemasters owned the rights to the Flashpoint name.

Anyway the Flashpoint series was fantastic and easily one of my fav games. ARMA is damn good too but it can be a little slow for some, more about sneaking about than a frontal assault kind thing. On flashpoint I remember on various missions where it's taken me hours just to figure out how to get into an enemy camp without being seen or firing a single shot. Very realistic, puts all the other games to shame on that front.

Sorry bro but not really. Flashpoint was made/written (whatever you want to call it) by Bohemia interactive and was licensed by Codemasters. Bohemia and codemasters had a bit of a disagreement and went their seperate ways but codemasters owned the rights to the Flashpoint name.

Anyway the Flashpoint series was fantastic and easily one of my fav games. ARMA is damn good too but it can be a little slow for some, more about sneaking about than a frontal assault kind thing. On flashpoint I remember on various missions where it's taken me hours just to figure out how to get into an enemy camp without being seen or firing a single shot. Very realistic, puts all the other games to shame on that front.

Ok my bad, but I am still the alpha male in the family :)

Flashpoint was great, apart from the sh1tty little problems in the game.

Played through single player twice now on PC, I can't remember the last game I enjoyed so much that it made me play it again after completion (usually I give up and get bored half way through the first time).

Tried my hand at online playing last night, and had a lot more fun than the first time I tried it. Think I'm up to Sergeant or so, so I'm getting some decent unlockables.

Great game, best I've played this year without a doubt.

Guest WrathChild

The single player on CoD 4 is short my dad completed it within a couple of days, playing on regular. I've been playing it on Veteran ,as I managed to complete the training in under 18 or 19 seconds or whatever the best score was (although the captain still said he'd seen better :rolleyes:), and its taking alot longer to complete due to the fact its almost one shot kill realism. Some very good parts in the game too, i enjoyed being the gunner on the plane, and the sniper mission in the ghillie suite was cool. Graphically its a beautiful game, running it with PS3 on 50" HDMI TV.

i baught this game last week usin a game voucher from last x-mas :D altho i don't actually own a ps3 yet (before u call me a loser i am gettin one for x-mas this year...i hope!)

i have all the other call of duties on ps2 n there all good so this 1 i'm sure is superb n judgin from peoples comments - i can't wait to ava go n get online with it! :sly::D

I can't believe I am in such a minority. I really hated this game :)

Im not totally sure why either as I used to be addicted to the Socom series on PS2 and most of those maps were fairly small too (not quite as small as COD4 though).

Anyway I am loving BF2 even more after playing COD4

I can't believe I am in such a minority. I really hated this game :)

Im not totally sure why either as I used to be addicted to the Socom series on PS2 and most of those maps were fairly small too (not quite as small as COD4 though).

Anyway I am loving BF2 even more after playing COD4

maybe because on SOCOM you had to be a bit more tactical because if you died you were out until the next round. Makes it more fun IMO as you're not running around like a mindless loon.

Thinking of getting this second hand for the PS3, so if its not the best game ever made, is it still worth a look?

It sounds like it's just a couple of us here who don't get on with it. Everybody else seems to love it. Don't get me wrong, I've completed the single player and liked some aspects of it while other bits were a bit boring. It's worth a look anyway...

It sounds like it's just a couple of us here who don't get on with it. Everybody else seems to love it. Don't get me wrong, I've completed the single player and liked some aspects of it while other bits were a bit boring. It's worth a look anyway...

Actually Nelly, it's pretty much just us Szymkowiak's that don't seem to like it.....

Stupid COD4 :)