The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Call of duty 4, what do you think??

MrHanky

Well I bought this on Friday (for the PC) with high hopes of it being a good game and an alternative to Battlefield 2. Played it for an hour or so on various online maps and decided it was a pile of crap. The maps were ridiculously small and it was basically just like playing smash TV (for those that remember it) but with better graphics.

Took it back this morning and am now getting back to BF2 which is much better (even with the sometimes infuriating sniper rifles).

Does any body elese have an opinon on this game?? Just curious, thats all.

Mark

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant compare cod and battlefield. they are different games.

cod maps have always been small.

Cod games have alyways been much more realistic.

BF2 is more of an arcide type shooter where you can get shot 5 times and still run along line nothing has happened. you get shot once in cod and your probably dead.

Oh on top of that bf2 has HORRIFIC server code and is as buggy as hell and the patches just make it worse :)

I wasn't gonna buy COD4, but wandering round Tescos waiting for the missus to fill the trolley I saw it on the shelf and thought 'why not'.

Really enjoying the single player game though. I read somewhere that the singleplayer game is very short, but enjoying it none the less. Some really good moments in it :)

Played it briefly online and didn't like the lack of map size, it's just run and gun type stuff.

But I think it's okay :)

not played it online yet but the single player COD4 is superb!!! It's not as short as everyone makes out either! :D Graphically, it's one of the best looking games i've ever played.. :)

:yeahthat: About 2/3 way through now and enjoyed every bit of it so far, going have a go at finishing it later. You on Xbox Rob or PS3?

you cant compare cod and battlefield. they are different games.

cod maps have always been small.

Cod games have alyways been much more realistic.

BF2 is more of an arcide type shooter where you can get shot 5 times and still run along line nothing has happened. you get shot once in cod and your probably dead.

Oh on top of that bf2 has HORRIFIC server code and is as buggy as hell and the patches just make it worse :)

Im not so sure if you would say that it is more realistic. You are right in saying that you can take too many hits on BF2, but by the same token you seem to be able to kill people in COD4 just by shooting their little toe.

Hopefully the next Flashpoint game will be a good balance as the original was superb in the way people got injured by shooting them in the leg and then being hindered by said injury.

Considering how small the maps are in COD, it could certainly use some extra character lifespan, as it just seemed way too hectic and wasn't very challenging at all.

Mark

Great game - lovely graphics - but completed it in 2 days. Online is OK but still think GRAW is better.

Good thing it being so short as it gives me more time to put into Assassins Creed!!! Phew... this is taking a lot of playing to get anywhere with it! Again, lovely touches but once you have stopped looking at the graphics there is just no real variety in the game. Shame, had such high hopes for this!

I thought BF2 was, well a bit crap really, really laggy online, wasn't that much difference between a lot of the classes, and it was easier to just run around as the medic. Couple that with some HUGE maps where you could wander around for 10 minutes without seeing anyone, vehicle maps where everyone just runs around in them, yawn. I got fed up. If it actually ran better online I'd have given it more of a chance.

COD4 looks good, doubt my PC would run it at any decent quality level, Crysis looks amazing but I think I'd have to run everything on the lowest setting at 800x600 :(

Whilest on the subject of games, anyone played NFS Pro Street yet? Looked like it might be a return to a more simulation type game rather than crappy arcade stuff.