The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fonejacker - Vote!

Supragal

its only funny the first time then it the same crap over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

OK Rosie forced me to watch some "episodes" or "skits" or whatever on youtube because I said "It's just a phone prank and anyone can do them, they aren't funny". I mean, as a kid, did you ever phone someone up and ask for "Mr Wall?"...

And lo & behold it was like watching someone do a desperately unfunny phone prank on someone else with some fairly poor animation (that I assume is deliberately poor and therefore hilarious :rolleyes: ) over the top. OK, I said it's not my kind of humour, turns out I was right, apparently that means I'm wrong ;) Pardon me if I'd rather watch a Seinfeld or Father Ted or Red Dwarf episode :thumbs:

Worryingly I think I got the pick of the crop :blink: Dread to think what the bad ones are like.

-Ian

It's obviously all scripted though, it's not real unknown people on the end, just more actors (plus I'm sure there are legal implications in recording someone without telling them you're recording them).

Totally not the case. There is no way those people in the shops that are filmed are faking it. You can tell by listening to them that they weren't expecting the call. No way is it scripted. The Bentley one is a classic example!

I don't know for sure but you can record them but you need their permission to publish it, which you can ask for afterwards.

Worryingly I think I got the pick of the crop :blink: Dread to think what the bad ones are like.

-Ian

Oh, that's not entirely true... I had 10 mins to find them on someone elses machine while they stood waiting. (I have no sound on mine)

The mouse one was good.

These are the ones I sent Ian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxcS3IiIPVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TbsHBmXPG8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOT6_ec36Cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Q1mUitFA8

No, you have to inform people that they are being recorded. Any call centre answering message will broadcast that fact clearly, plus home recording devices introduce a beeping on the line to let participants know there is a recorder active.

You _also_ need permission to publish.