The mkiv Supra Owners Club

200mph on A1

JamesC

Syed, I'm afraid I have to use this smiley... :conf:

Even at an indicated 185MPH on a private runway the car felt very stable, I've done 140-150 on numerous occasions and certainly wouldn't call it uncontrollable. This is the first time I've seen a Supra's aero being called dodgy whilest being compared to a skyline too ;)

:yeahthat:

Mine felt planted when racing a train in France at 160mph+ and i've been waaaaay over that on a fair few occasions.

I can't see how the aerodynamics of a Skyline could possibly be better than a Supras? Both being stock of course. We all know Supras can be made to exert huge downforce when modified (properly).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's got to be km... I drive that road all the time and the average speed of most of the traffic is quite high prob just under a tonne but there's no way you could get up to 200 with traffic!

just watch the top secret run on the same road and it's obviously not a similar speed. That's why you never see the road when he's doing anywhere near top speed...

It takes quite a bit to get 200mph, Top Secret couldn't get 200mph in there Supra when they brought it over, that was on the deserted A1 at night, yet this Skyline can do it no probs through traffic.....bollox!

The owner of Top Secret was arrested for being clocked at 200mph in a supra.

It amazes me how many people on the forum have actually driven at 200mph and comment on how the car handles at those speeds ;)

True, fastest ive ever been in a car was an indicated just over 180 but that speedo was 15mph out according to my satnav, that was in my supra and felt very stable.

Fastest ive ever been on a bike is and indicated 190 (ZX10r with nos)and that also felt very stable:)

I still think that vid is real, if it was kph he would be in something like 3rd gear, you can clearly see from the vid he is in top gear at 7500rpm, probs a real 180ish imo:)

• 3 months later...
you can clearly see from the vid he is in top gear at 7500rpm, probs a real 180ish imo:)

How can you see he's in top gear? Maybe he's in 3rd/4th and accelerating slightly slower to give the impression he's in 5th?...

(Just a thought, not a bitch!) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mattsupra

fastest i have been is 186 on a bike when i was 19yrs old lol

was sooooo good i have never been without a bike since lol but in a car is a little bit less than that

even so my mate did have a full gtr r33 with full everything on that and it did over 200mph pretty easily upto it and then on it was full on

cant help thinking something is not quite right with the vid.

i have done 190 leptons in my 300zx and thats much more aerodynamic than a 34 gtr and the wind noise at 150+ is massive so at 200 mph i doubt you would be able to hear the engine never mind them talking like there doing 30mph??

I don't know whether it's 200MPH or not, I never did watch the video and can't view it at work, but people always say, "the lines would look more blurred", or "it would sound louder" etc. but camera lenses and microphones record things differently than human eyes or ears.