The mkiv Supra Owners Club

200mph on A1

JamesC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jurgen

i have done 165 mph in a supra and an s13 and that is not 200mph its maybe 200kmh. sorry to be a dick about it but thay is not 200mph.

AGREED! Complete BS!

It is often hard to tell top speed on vids, but that traffic really gave that one away. If that car was doing 200mph, everything else was doing 140! :rolleyes:

Mate got caught doing 153 on a Honda Blackbird in Scotland (A75 way back to boat).

They also had him at 109 and only did him for that. He got 1 year ban (doesn't apply in NI :p ) and a £800-£900 fine.

Worst thing was, it was my fault as my bike broke down in Penrith and we were hurring to catch the boat :twak:

AGREED! Complete BS!

It is often hard to tell top speed on vids, but that traffic really gave that one away. If that car was doing 200mph, everything else was doing 140! :rolleyes:

I have also gotta agree as well I have flashed past traffic in mine at night and lorries are usually the best ways of telling as they generally tend to stick to between 50-56mph. I had an indicated 165 on mine and it was overeading by at least 10 mph and lorries appeared and dissapeared behind me a lot faster than that. Also watch the central reservation and clock how fast that seems to be passing by. It would look a lot faster than that at 200 mph.

To be fair they never show a view out of the window at anything about 140-150mph, and the only cars passed in the adjacent lane do zip by pretty rapidly. At best it's a badly calibrated speedo conversion I'd say, but it's certainly speeds way beyond a speedo still reading in kph.

:looney:

To be fair they never show a view out of the window at anything about 140-150mph, and the only cars passed in the adjacent lane do zip by pretty rapidly. At best it's a badly calibrated speedo conversion I'd say, but it's certainly speeds way beyond a speedo still reading in kph.

:looney:

Most speedos are out by at least 10% though have to say ya only saw the road at the point where he was well below 200mph but again I have done 185 (speedo leptons) which was obviously someway less than that in reallity and even at 150 the trucks (that are normally limited to somewhere under 60) were not slow enough....nice try though he he (nice car too)