The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just testing waters - Project for someone...?

razza

Following my unfortunate engine issue this week, I've been sourcing a new engine to replace mine, which I have now done.

However several people have expressed an interest in buying the car in it's current state. The reason for this post is to give me the full picture and give me a fully informed decision as to whether I should go ahead and change the engine, or with a heavy heart sell up and save for the wedding (as this is not going to be cheap for me, if I didn't have the wedding to pay for I would not even hesitate). However I don't know if it would be financially viable for me, plus I'll be gutted as I love this car:(. Therefore I'm opening to offers to see if this is an option for me or whether I have to bite the bullet and pay for the repairs.

It's got 108k miles on it. I have all receipts etc. from mine and previous ownership, with oil change every 4k miles, and regular services (was due to go in next weekend...). Prior to me owning it Greenpeace owned it and spent a lot of money on it (It was September of the 2006 Club Calendar). However the documentation from his ownership is distinctly lacking (i.e. none), but the book has most of the stamps in it from being imported in 2000 (hence the W Reg), and I followed up with the garages for the missing ones to confirm they carried out the work. I've just recently had the earthing re-done at TVMOT. I've got new oil/filter and 5.1 brake fluid left over also. Just paid for a year's tax and the MOT has got quite a few months left (can check if need be)

Prior to Monday it drived like a dream, and being the rare green colour (not many like this in the UK) it is, it draws attention

I had a full inspection done by VCS before I bought the car and the guy was impressed at the standard of the car and told me it had obviously been well looked after. I can provide this document if you require.

Please respond quickly as I am committed to buying the replacement engine next week, so would like some time to consider my options.

Thanks guys

The full spec is below:

Engine Specifications:

Standard Twin Turbos - now blown, at least one, maybe both

The existing engine is knackered, needs a full rebuild, 5 out of 6 cylinders have 60%+ leakage and shards of the turbo blade/shaft entered engine, possibly requires re-boring.

If I do sell I can point you in the direction of a good engine if you so wish.

Engine Dress:

Chromed rad cover

Chromed Fan cover

Chromed washer filler lid

Chromed fuse box covers

Chromed brake reservoir cover

Chromed ECU cover

Miami Gt bling induction heat shield

Miami Gt under bonnet bling wings with Supra etching

Miami Gt battery cover and clamp

Miami Gt brake fluid and PAS fluid caps

Aluminium Supra cut out rad plate cover from MarkRZ

TRD billet aluminium oil filler cap (original, not ebay copy)

Strut bar

Red piping

Turbocharger & Induction:

Apexi Induction kit - new filter 'en route as old one destroyed

HKS electronic boost controller

HKS turbo timer

Miami GT side mounted intercooler - to be cleaned out following influx of oil

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Fuel pump upgrade

FCD fitted

BPU chip

Steel hoses

Speed limiter removed

NGK plugs

Exhaust:

Blitz Nur Spec R

Full Decat

1.2 bar CW restrictor ring

Drivetrain:

Standard

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes:

Blistein suspension

Racing Hart 19" CRs (in need of a refurb)

Eagle F1's all round

UK Brakes (recently had new pistons fitted by Phoenix)

Red Dot 5.1 fluid

CW fast road pads

Interior & ICE: (check out pictures in my garage)

Custom Green/Black Leather Seats and armrests with Silver piping/Supra logos

Chrome dash rings

DVD Alpine Screen with DVD Sat Nav

TV Tuner

Pioneer Chrome Amps Pioneer Subwoofer and speakers (v loud) within custom boot build

Infinity speakers all round

Snooper S6Neo

Original Toyota Supra Mats

Cobra alarm and immobilser (inc. certificate)

Exterior:

Dark Windows

HID low beams 6000k

Original OEM Side skirts

Original OEM Rear Spats

UK glass headlights

undercar green neons (yes I know)

Liquidart Toyota badges with devil horns

Private number plate W7 SUP

UK bonnet scoop (just cosmetic, not fully functional)

Performance:

v.quick - well, it was before Monday..

the missus is starting to come round to try and get the car sorted as she knows how much it means to me. Hopefully I can recover some of the costs through the old engine as there's been quite a bit of interest it in.

I would be gutted to see this go but sometimes you have to think with your head and not your heart....:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.