The mkiv Supra Owners Club

britains fastest police car

grahamc

As I thought:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=488998&in_page_id=1770

He added the car was not not an operational police car and unable to get involved in high speed chases: "The idea is that drivers will come to us and have a chat," he said.

"We generally turn up at events where youngsters hang out.

"With this vehicle they actually come over and want to talk to us. Then we introduce the road safety message."

And it works a treat Michael.

I saw it on the Sussex plod stand at Goodwood and went over to speak to the guys there. :)

They say it's never used as it's totally unpractical for the job.

Can't carry anything and they can't get out quick enough if they stop someone.

He added the car was not not an operational police car and unable to get involved in high speed chases: "The idea is that drivers will come to us and have a chat," he said.

"We generally turn up at events where youngsters hang out.

"With this vehicle they actually come over and want to talk to us. Then we introduce the road safety message."

We found that when we got BMW 5 series as our area cars a few years back. Before we had shitty (but better performing) Vauxhall Vectras and all of a sudden we had a gangsta icon car which all the local yoof were interested in. Also they weren't quite sure whether we were an Armed Response Vehicle or not as SO19 had started using them for evaluation before stations got them.

Now they've gone back to Vectras, the V6 Diesel, which are, quite frankly donkey slow with shite handling and are not imo fit for purpose. But they don't want us to persue stolen cars/suspects for crime anymore as they keep killing themselves or innocent members of the public and blame us instead on the premise that if we hadn't been chasing them, then it wouldn't have happened, rather than if they hadn't of committed the crime in the first place..... :blink:

We found that when we got BMW 5 series as our area cars a few years back. Before we had shitty (but better performing) Vauxhall Vectras and all of a sudden we had a gangsta icon car which all the local yoof were interested in. Also they weren't quite sure whether we were an Armed Response Vehicle or not as SO19 had started using them for evaluation before stations got them.

Now they've gone back to Vectras, the V6 Diesel, which are, quite frankly donkey slow with shite handling and are not imo fit for purpose. But they don't want us to persue stolen cars/suspects for crime anymore as they keep killing themselves or innocent members of the public and blame us instead on the premise that if we hadn't been chasing them, then it wouldn't have happened, rather than if they hadn't of committed the crime in the first place..... :blink:

That is why the police have numbers, so they should not have to be involved in high speed chases.

Can see why, but it seems like everything is heading the US way, of blaming the innocent people not the one doing the crime. :(

That is why the police have numbers, so they should not have to be involved in high speed chases.

Can see why, but it seems like everything is heading the US way, of blaming the innocent people not the one doing the crime. :(

Unfortunately, they don't have the numbers. TV documentaries give a false impression about resources etc, but in the real world they are just not there.

spoke to these when they come to a show down southend,they hardly new anything about the car when I said what mods have been done? they replied "alloys, big brakes an that" "but it will do 140mph" i replied with what gear "top end speed mate" i just replied with " bless it id still have 2 gears left at that"

spoke to these when they come to a show down southend,they hardly new anything about the car when I said what mods have been done? they replied "alloys, big brakes an that" "but it will do 140mph" i replied with what gear "top end speed mate" i just replied with " bless it id still have 2 gears left at that"

:rlol: shame they havent got a clue isnt it, what mods, flashing light, furry dice :D

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG.... I'm so glad our tax money is put to good use. Or is it the SCAMeras that are generating the necessary revenues??!?

The police forces of today really know how to use their limited resources effectively - I mean, why bother going out catching real criminals when you can call around at my door 5 TIMES, yes 5 TIMES (2 police officers each time) to harass my other half as to my whereabouts whilst I'm working away from home!?!? Each time they've told her it's an 'enquiry from another police force' No doubt it's got something to do with me being a hardened criminal an all for committing the heinous crime of 87mph on Britain’s quietest, widest and safest stretch of Motorway....

And the Police wonder why there is an all time poor public perception of them.

/rant