The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Probably one of the best threads i've ever read!

Sandy-m2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 Pence - your fairly courageous post has had much impact on my firm belief that I am the World's Greatest Driver (insert sarcastic smiley) and how our cosy little world can be smashed and destroyed in a split second. I don't mind admitting your words caused me to shed a tear or two. I will drive much more carefully. You should post on Scooby-net, Saxo-net, and the other boy racer forums. You might cause someone else to slow down enough to save life and limb. Respect.

I have to agree with the above post in the other forum, the very well written post and genuine remorse is gut wrenching.

This is just a personal think but I feel even more sad in the knowledge that we (NW group) are going on a run to blackpool tomorrow evening and this makes you think about that sort of group outing. What makes me sad is that tomorrow it will all have been forgotten about and im sure there will be a coupe of instances of spirited driving involved that could so easily turn into a horror story like this.

"The mental torture gets worse as the years go by, i know that my life will end when i commit suicide, i'm just unsure how long i'll go on until i finally do it to escape my demons. Prison didn't effect me in the slightest, i died the same night that poor girl did because of my actions. I'm just waiting for the courage to do it."

horrible stuff

Im still reading this, but it does remind me that I need to be careful when driving. I have over the last few months contemplated getting a sensible family car to help me avoid getting into any kind of trouble. But after a while of thinking I came to the conclusion that I would probably still drive the same but with a lot less power, and that I could still get into trouble for speeding etc. You just never know what will happen in life.

Think I will keep the Supra but try my best not to do anything stupid / go too fast

Did he drive a supra?

Edit:- Oh it was a Honda.

It's scary actually the stuff he said about the police downloading the stuff off the forum that he was on in evidence against him.

Just spent some time going through all my old posts removing anything that could be taken out of context! Quite alarming how the case was put against 10p, the news paper article makes him look guilty in a totally different light :(

Perhaps we should make this the first thread in the 'Spirited Driving Chronicles' section.

For all those "just had my first race" folk.:innocent:

I actually question whether we should have a "Spirited Driving Chronicles" section at all, and it's the one thing for me personally that I am at odds with.

Undoubtedly, we all enjoy a spirited drive, me included, but to post up about how you "blew away a Scooby or a M3 or such like" can, as that thread demonstrates, come back to bite you hard.

I've spent the last hour or so in the bath reading this thread with great interest....

Having been connected with a few similar incidents in my time it is a scary one.. I've lost a very good female friend that went through a bike accident and she survived, and then a year later had another which was fatal. My father in law also has had the biker's side of the situation resulting in him having one leg shorter than the other after having his ankle ripped off...

Sadly I think this highlights the randomness of our lives, various actions when combined can result in a life changing event...

I for one have been guilty of pushing the car hard on a public road, and ended up with it facing sideways... in my case I've been lucky the road has always been empty... BUT will it always be empty?? In this case it wasn't....

I use the word lucky there, because that is all it is... LUCK nothing else.