The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eve online

Daston

Thanks mate...

Started again last night !

I don't know why I bother really as it's completely frustrating, I can only think it's the very sexy voice of my tutor :inlove:

Oh no... I'm turning into a Geekzoid :blink:

Think I'm just going to mine for a bit and learn as I go, tried shooting a friendly ship in frustration but got "Podkilled" !

Black Ged mk11 is now up and running :)

Is that MrAngry as in mkivsupra MrAngry ?

Cheers

G

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, MrAngry on here has a character called Jaeger Chandon. Jive plays as Jive and my character is Juan Chan. We all play in the same corp so go off on missions etc together.

And if the Security Rating of the solar system you are in is 0.5 or higher, you will have your ship destroyed for attacking another player, and they will be able to return fire.

As Jive says, set your destination to Wysalan and come join us. It's a lot more fun than just playing the game solo all the time.

Oh no... I'm turning into a Geekzoid :blink:

Hehe ... welcome to our world Gerry :)

Think I'm just going to mine for a bit and learn as I go, tried shooting a friendly ship in frustration but got "Podkilled" !

Ahem .. ok I can see you're going to do well in PvP ;) quick tip, until you're skills are up, I wouldn't start taking on "friendly people" as in this game, no one is friendly (well apart from your corp friends but even then they can can still take pot shots at you :) ).

Black Ged mk11 is now up and running :)

Is that MrAngry as in mkivsupra MrAngry ?

Cheers

G

Yep, that's the fella :) oh and watch out for him, he has a way of sneaking up to you without you knowing and uncloaking right next to you, scares the crap outta me everytime he does that but it's saved me a lot of money a couple of times :)

Oh and as Daston said, make notes upon notes as you go, read and ask as many questions as you can to gather knowledge and if you come over to wysalan, don't worry you'll be well looked after ... hope to see you soon :cool:

Just reading a bit more about the game...

Most members on at the same time was 41,690 - at the same time :blink:

Information:

As of October 2006 the average age of an Eve Player was 27 of which 95% male, and 5% female. The average weekly playtime is 17 hours, or just under 2.5 hours per day.

On December 9, 2007, Eve Online achieved a new record for the maximum number of simultaneous pilots online with 41,690 concurrent accounts logged on to the same server.

As of March 31, 2008, Eve Online has 236,000 active subscriptions and 45,000 active trial accounts.[

If my maths are right, that's a turnover of over £28,000,000 a year :Pling:

Most members on at the same time was 41,690 - at the same time :blink:

Information:

As of October 2006 the average age of an Eve Player was 27 of which 95% male, and 5% female. The average weekly playtime is 17 hours, or just under 2.5 hours per day.

On December 9, 2007, Eve Online achieved a new record for the maximum number of simultaneous pilots online with 41,690 concurrent accounts logged on to the same server.

As of March 31, 2008, Eve Online has 236,000 active subscriptions and 45,000 active trial accounts.[

Its a big game and the company makes a lot of money over in Iceland.

I was one of those 41k peeps :)

• 1 month later...

Lots of info here :)

Gatso, if you look at what they are doing and what equipment they are deploying along with program expansions etc then that 28mil is justified although at times of extended upgrades etc I'm sure a few people would disagree :)

Alot of people have alt characters, some that are on the same login but quite a few have double or more subscriptions.

Hope you get back online in the new year.

Ian C - I see that you've managed to get recognisition from CCP with your Clear Skies efforts.

http://www.youtube.com/ccpgames

Even more pressure now to get part II done ;)

Congrats again by the way :)

I have 2 accounts, one trial and one expired trial that im going to pay on on xmas eve (start of time off.

Not sure where im located! Kisogo VII sound right?

Kisogo is right, it's 10 jumps from Wysalan through high sec if you wanna come and join us :)

We've got a good corp which you'd be welcomed into and always need more people. I've learnt loads since I joined 4 or 5 months ago, thought I knew loads after being on there for 5 years now but I've still got a lot to learn :)

forgot i signed upto this... hmm might have to pay for a month to have another bash...

hmmm anyone got any ETC they fancy sharing? :lol:

gotta be worth a try!

Hi creative, the more the merrier :)

Go on, reactivate the account and get on with us :)

Haven't got a ETC so can't help you there though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Used to play it, loved it, just felt so atmospheric but took ages and was laggy.

I think CCP have done a lot of expansion and upgrades to get the lag resolved, when you were playing, were you able to have fleet battles consisting of over 1000 players at one time? They've recently done this and with the new expansion due in March, this again will be improved.

You didn't say when you were playing but they've just reached the 47k online players all on one system and going from strength to strength :)

Not played in ages cos I've been away with work during the week and off visiting the gf at weekends :(

Heh ... don't I know it, despite you not playing, you've been online just about everyday working very well as a hauler ;)

Don't worry you will be rewarded for your dedication to the cause :D

Just started 5 days ago, looks interesting :) I'm going to be boring miner tho :p

Sweet! I'm in need of some* minerals for a Battleship. Come on over to Wysalan and we can discuss your first mining contract and money ;) :D What's your characters name? I'll look you up tonight.

And creative - go on, you know you want to ;)

*By "some" I mean I'm in need of over 5 million units of Tritanium, amongst other things

• 4 weeks later...
Just started 5 days ago, looks interesting :) I'm going to be boring miner tho :p

Are you still playing this konio-nt? If you are, what's your toon's name and how are you finding it so far?

i need to get back into this... I have soooo much time on my hands being out of work :lol:

just wish i had the funds to do it...:(

Creative, have you managed to get back on Eve?