The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eve online

Daston

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Seyllin is nice and close to home. We will come and visit you :D

Isn't Seyllin linked to only a few other low sec systems, all surrounded by high sec? So I'll be a goldfish in the Eve universe, looking out at you guys having frolics and fun while I wonder how many times I can go round the same system...

My how things have moved on since this started. The teenager adminning the corp I was in threw a wobbler and threatened to break it up, so all us experienced older bods made a new one in 24hrs flat and moved to it lol. The Pure alliance has pretty much fallen apart due to the usual infighting and greed, there has been big shifts in power bases in Vale and Tribute and Venal, and BoB showed up at most of them doing their thang. I think Tri are mosty fubar now as well, not long left for them. Back up to Venal for our little group, give neutrals a kicking and have some small gang ops fun.

Oh and this:

http://festival.machinima.org/wordpress/?page_id=17

:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations Ian, it's definitely a worthy winner :)

Congrats...

Want to get back involved in Eve online but I sold all my characters some time back and they no longer sell them on eBay (why is that?)

Because don't CCP ban the account for life for people doing that? I've seen a few on eBay and a few scams too - such as "58million SP character - £400", and it's actually a guide on how to get there in the quickest possible way.

Because don't CCP ban the account for life for people doing that? I've seen a few on eBay and a few scams too - such as "58million SP character - £400", and it's actually a guide on how to get there in the quickest possible way.

They did but a lot of people used to sell the accounts. I made about £1500 selling my 2 accounts a year or so ago.

Well...

Me and Eve, had a look at this thread and was amazed at the thought of thousands of people all in one game and the great graphics.

Signed up the other night and spent until 2.30am doing the first tutorial / learning mission.

Now have spent another few hours trying to get my head around the gazillion controls and options.

Could not believe how hard it was to control and how few other players (real ones) there were in my bit of space !

After all this investigation my overall opinion is simple - I'm far to old for stuff like this :(

My brain simply can't hold enough information and the learning curve is to steep - I'm a Yorkshireman afterall :D

Next time I get the urge to fly and shoot stuff it will be less painful for me to grab my 12 bore and jump of the garage roof :Pling:

Well...

Me and Eve, had a look at this thread and was amazed at the thought of thousands of people all in one game and the great graphics.

Signed up the other night and spent until 2.30am doing the first tutorial / learning mission.

Now have spent another few hours trying to get my head around the gazillion controls and options.

Could not believe how hard it was to control and how few other players (real ones) there were in my bit of space !

After all this investigation my overall opinion is simple - I'm far to old for stuff like this :(

My brain simply can't hold enough information and the learning curve is to steep - I'm a Yorkshireman afterall :D

Next time I get the urge to fly and shoot stuff it will be less painful for me to grab my 12 bore and jump of the garage roof :Pling:

:D

You will have been in one of the starter systems I am guessing where every man and his dog hang out. Get into 0.0 space and it is a lot quieter

Well...

It is a bit of a steep learning curve! Now I've settled into it, it's really addictive. No-one's too old though dude - give it another shot, it gets better the longer you play it ;)

Once you're out of the beginners areas, there are usually quite a few people around in most of the solar systems too.

Ian, top work and congratulations :thumbs: as someone else said, do you get anything for that?

Gatso, please as Juan said, give it another go. Yes it is really a steep learning curve but once you get the basics, it's really great. If you want a chat, give me a shout ingame (character name is Jive) or set your destination to wysalan and come and see us in MrAngry's corp, tis a great little community and everyone is friendly and helpful and will guide you well.

On another note, I wonder how the expansion is going :D