The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eve online

Daston

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are officially the first person to spot and point that little easter egg out :D

:yahoo:

you should put a few more ...very subtle ones in part 2.

havent got a headset yet so no interaction from me at the moment... just mooching about space seeing what i can find at the mo....

:yahoo:

you should put a few more ...very subtle ones in part 2.

Already planned, although not Supra related :)

I saw Smutt last night, cluttering up local in VFK. Sent an evemail but you were probably comatose at the gate camp/blob fleet.

(Reading this thread I realise we really do have a lot of jargon don't we. What nerds.)

hey guys I am planning on making a goodie goodie two shoes alt over the weekend as old saka has been pretty naughty and manged to podkill a whole load of people so the nasty police will now kill me on sight. Will post my other toons name up so we can fly about and shoot stuff together. However will need to perform a BPU I think

havent got a headset yet so no interaction from me at the moment... just mooching about space seeing what i can find at the mo....

It's not imperative to have a headset to join a corp and use their teamspeak server, I just use the good old fingers and keyboard :)

I now have a problem, MrAngry I joined your corp last night as you're probably aware now, but I came home tonight to find my router has packed up. I've just ordered a new one from Ebuyer for delivery tomorrow, hopefully I should get it back up and running tomorrow but will be out in the evening so probably wont be online until Friday or the weekend :(

I saw Smutt last night, cluttering up local in VFK. Sent an evemail but you were probably comatose at the gate camp/blob fleet.

Am no longer cluttering up VFK ! am now trapped in a safe in 2-K ! some serious lag (465 in 2-K) and a loss of a load of cap ships later....... sorry didn't get mail was lagged to hades last night will log on in a bit and see if anything can be done about this BoB steamroller thats going on atm :(

Am no longer cluttering up VFK ! am now trapped in a safe in 2-K ! some serious lag (465 in 2-K) and a loss of a load of cap ships later....... sorry didn't get mail was lagged to hades last night will log on in a bit and see if anything can be done about this BoB steamroller thats going on atm :(

what the hell did you just say? :blink:

:D

ok i'll try to elaborate,

Trapped in a safe means I have made a safe spot in a system, this is done by flying between two planets/asteroid belts/stargates etc and adding a bookmark halfway between the two points (people and places tab) try to get it as far away from anywhere else in the system as possible. This causes hassle for enemy pilots who try to scan you down with scan probes, they find you with a probe they can warp the enemy fleet to your position and BBQ you very quickly. If you fit a cloaking device to your ship you can sit in the safe spot and cloak up and they won't find you in a month of sundays

The whole lag thing.... go to Jita system on a saturday afternoon / evening time and you'll see ;) Jita has a dedicated server for it as it's well known to get busy, however where me and Ian are atm in 0.0 space when you get 465 pilots into a system all at the same time it can take 20+ minutes to lock a target you want to shoot at :(

cap ships = capital ships i.e. Motherships/Dreadnaughts/Carriers/Titans

BoB steamroller = A ridiculous number of the afore mentioned ships all in the one system killing anything in their path, the fleet of these ships then travels to the next sytem along and so on etc until they wipe out all of the stations you own and isn't very pleasant :( they can do this because they had game developers in the past in their alliance who cheated and gained them access to some very rare blueprints of tech 2 ships which Band of Brothers (BoB) used to gain vast amounts of wealth before the other alliances in game could react. (Those developers are no longer in the employment of CCP) The vast wealth generated meant that BoB have built 8 Titans at about 50 billion isk a go and a capital ship fleet of the rest mentioned above of between 160 and 200 (rough estimates and may be underestimates !) of the other capital ship classes

hope this helps

Smutt

ok i'll try to elaborate

Hehe, you've got to admit that to a new player, it's a whole new language and difficult to understand :)

BoB steamroller = A ridiculous number of the afore mentioned ships all in the one system killing anything in their path, the fleet of these ships then travels to the next sytem along and so on etc until they wipe out all of the stations you own and isn't very pleasant :( they can do this because they had game developers in the past in their alliance who cheated and gained them access to some very rare blueprints of tech 2 ships which Band of Brothers (BoB) used to gain vast amounts of wealth before the other alliances in game could react. (Those developers are no longer in the employment of CCP) The vast wealth generated meant that BoB have built 8 Titans at about 50 billion isk a go and a capital ship fleet of the rest mentioned above of between 160 and 200 (rough estimates and may be underestimates !) of the other capital ship classes

hope this helps

Smutt

Wonder if anyone has tried to infiltrate BoB with an Alt and start the downfall of them? How many members have they got? Wonder exactly what their total worth is, must be in the trillions!

I take it that they are doing this in 0.4 down and not venturing into 0.5 up to 1.0 sec space or will the might of Concord not be enough?

HELP!!!Ok you guys got me hooked on this game,BUT I have a problem.I have now finished my 14 days trail period and was about to subscribe.I have filled in all the details and credit card number but it will not accept because i've got a Jersey post code.Funny thing is that Jersey is actually an option in the contry drop down list.

Can anyone help me?Got a nice little ship waiting for me and loads of mining to do.:(

HELP!!!Ok you guys got me hooked on this game,BUT I have a problem.I have now finished my 14 days trail period and was about to subscribe.I have filled in all the details and credit card number but it will not accept because i've got a Jersey post code.Funny thing is that Jersey is actually an option in the contry drop down list.

Can anyone help me?Got a nice little ship waiting for me and loads of mining to do.:(

Have you tried "pay by cash" you can pay via paypal that way. I have to do that as they dont accept switch. However just got some 60 day cards as they are only $30ish so around half the price :)

Have you tried "pay by cash" you can pay via paypal that way. I have to do that as they dont accept switch. However just got some 60 day cards as they are only $30ish so around half the price :)

No, I have not tried the pay by cash option.Will do that next.If I get a 60 day card,how does that work?

Cheers bud.

No, I have not tried the pay by cash option.Will do that next.If I get a 60 day card,how does that work?

Cheers bud.

just like a scratch card you just scratch the back off and enter the code. Bit like the old mobile top up cards.

You can also print a bar code off and pay for it at the local post office or store (not tried that one but my bro goes to the Co-op)

just like a scratch card you just scratch the back off and enter the code. Bit like the old mobile top up cards.

You can also print a bar code off and pay for it at the local post office or store (not tried that one but my bro goes to the Co-op)

Ah,cool.Just found a problem on my paypal acc.So nix EVE for me tonight.Off to the bank tomorrow to get it sorted.DAMN that game is addictive.:)

Wonder if anyone has tried to infiltrate BoB with an Alt and start the downfall of them? How many members have they got? Wonder exactly what their total worth is, must be in the trillions!

I take it that they are doing this in 0.4 down and not venturing into 0.5 up to 1.0 sec space or will the might of Concord not be enough?

yes people have infiltrated them ;) but they're pretty savvy on the whole keeping it together under pressure part.

Yes their combined worth is probably in the 10's of trillions

capital ships aren't allowed into 0.5 and above systems so you're safe on that one :)

best advice i can give is try to get some missions done for your faction and build up the money that way, mining in empire doesn't earn much money tbh. Build yourself up to level 4's and use the loyalty points to buy yourself nice gear from the shop and either use it or sell it on they usually fetch premium cash

if you need any info ingame if i'm not busy will be glad to help out

best regards,

SSM

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
aye it is damn good.

Now down to -9.99 sec status :) My high sec char is Burakka so if anyone wants to run some missions let me know.

I'll have to add your alt when I get home next week. Where abouts are you? Jive, MrAngry and myself are in and around Wysalan usually.

I'm ridiculously hooked on this when I've got access to it (booooo to company laptops not having Eve installed as standard).

Even geekier, I've just started reading a novel that is highly originally titled "EVE: The Empyrean Age", by Tony Gonzales. So far so good, but I'm only about 10 pages in :)

You really are beyond help now :p

It's good Steve, but mainly in a geeky way. Reading about people getting blown to smithereens in their battlecruisers is more fun when it's not your ship that's under attack ;)

I hope Jive's not abusing his access to my account while I'm away either....

It's good Steve, but mainly in a geeky way. Reading about people getting blown to smithereens in their battlecruisers is more fun when it's not your ship that's under attack ;)

I hope Jive's not abusing his access to my account while I'm away either....

Last thing I saw he was suicide ganking miners. That will be you confined to Low Sec. :blink: