The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eve online

Daston

cheers for the links I did a search but couldnt find them first time around.

Lost my raven last night :( A blasterthon came though our small gate camp popped our heavy interdictor and then nailed me. He jumped before our dread jumped in

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the links I did a search but couldnt find them first time around.

Lost my raven last night :( A blasterthon came though our small gate camp popped our heavy interdictor and then nailed me. He jumped before our dread jumped in

No problems with the links, I've watched the movie, it is truely outstanding, Mr C you deserve a medal for that ... oh and you also need to get on with Episode 2 ;)

Daston, is it possible to detect gate camps? I know about going through 0.5 down to 0.0 security is risky, have been in them before mining and only had one slight problem but never encountered a gate camp and was wondering whether it's possible to detect them and navigate a different route?

No problems with the links, I've watched the movie, it is truely outstanding, Mr C you deserve a medal for that ... oh and you also need to get on with Episode 2 ;)

Daston, is it possible to detect gate camps? I know about going through 0.5 down to 0.0 security is risky, have been in them before mining and only had one slight problem but never encountered a gate camp and was wondering whether it's possible to detect them and navigate a different route?

Hi Jive,

Sorry I know this was directed at Daston but maybe i can be of some assistance with this one as it's people like me (ebil piwate) who will kill you in a heartbeat if you set foot into 0.4 -> 0.0 space (low sec) or ransom your ship for a reasonable sum if it's worth my while, top tip for anyone here who want's to mine in low sec ..... Don't ;) mmmmkay ? you're better off joining an alliance and mining in 0.0 as there are much better minerals up there and you will be a lot safer doing it. Seriously Low Sec is probably the least safe space in EvE. 0.5 sec is still empire and you will be ok mining in there if you really must just watch out for ore thieves stealing your jet cans.

hope this helps,

Smutt

P.S. loved the movies Ian :)

Smutt

If I'm heading towards 0.4 space, I'll be on the phone to you checking you're at the other end of the galaxy :)

Thanks for the warning, think when I was in there it was a fair few years ago and you could probably get away with it a lot better than now.

Still, for the moment, I'll be staying away :D

been having a pootle about space but how the hell do you recharge you standard gun? :lol:

Welcome to EVE :)

Have you run through the tutorials? Such a long time since I've been in a starter ship and had to fire on anything, I've forgotten what to do :)

Has your cap gone? The cap is the bit in the middle of your display at the bottom of the screen, yellow and flashes, if that's completely gone you need to wait for it to recharge, it'll take a while :)

Welcome to EVE :)

Have you run through the tutorials? Such a long time since I've been in a starter ship and had to fire on anything, I've forgotten what to do :)

Has your cap gone? The cap is the bit in the middle of your display at the bottom of the screen, yellow and flashes, if that's completely gone you need to wait for it to recharge, it'll take a while :)

yeah i have done the tutorials but couldnt shoot the guys due to having no working gun.

might just go mining for a while and get some cash in and buy a bigger gun :lol:

well ive just downloaded this and had a bit of a play....

Just for the record im not a WoW fan as I found that very boring... been having a pootle about space but how the hell do you recharge you standard gun? :lol:

I assume you've tried right-clicking on the gun at the bottom of the screen and tried "reload"? If you have, do you have any ammo in your cargo hold?

Other than that, I'm out of ideas cos I'm a rookie at this too :D

looks similar to my fit except i use 5 assault launcher 2's with prec lights and don't mwd it

Any serious fleet op in our neck of the woods, an MWD is mandatory. There is so much fannying with dictor bubbles and the deployable ones that if you haven't got an MWD you're a liability as you'll slow up the fleet (or, more likely, get popped as a straggler :) nothing can tank 50 fleet sniper BS - this is the voice of experience...). So no 5th extender alas. Still, 22k shields is pretty good anyway.

I went for heavies as the range of assault launchers is very poor. Heavies will reach 78km out, assault I think struggles to reach 20km, and it's not a fast or manouverable ship. In fact it shouldn't be fighting much at all, just loving 200 other people longtime :D Oh and faction missiles or boggo. T2 missiles have too many drawbacks IMO. I carry FoF though, that's come in handy a couple of times when I've been jammed.

I don't get much time to mess with anything else these days what with Clear Skies, but I am trying to sort out a stealth bomber wing as I've messed about with them and they are dangerous...

-Ian

Thank you and I am :D That's what's hoovered up all my time!

is it possible to detect gate camps?

Yes, jump in, and if you explode, you have found a gate camp :)

There should be intel channels if you are in an alliance where scouts and people in general post up what bad guys are seen where and in what ships. Or you can get a pal with a covert ops ship to scout, but even that can get them killed. It's a dangerous place.

-Ian

Thank you and I am :D That's what's hoovered up all my time!

Whoooo hoooo, can't wait, watch the outakes again today and still had tears streaming down my face :D

Any sorta predictions on release date?

Yes, jump in, and if you explode, you have found a gate camp :)

There should be intel channels if you are in an alliance where scouts and people in general post up what bad guys are seen where and in what ships. Or you can get a pal with a covert ops ship to scout, but even that can get them killed. It's a dangerous place.

-Ian

:lol: I'll remember that every jump I make from now on, regardless of whether in high or low secs :)

Don't worry, I'm aware of how dangerous it can be, although I can't begin to imagine what it's like where you are, if it's like the clear skies vid ... gulps :D

well after giving it a proper go today.... im now flying round space doing missions!

after sitting down and working out what the hell you have to do ( and random button clicking ). still wondering if I would pay a tenner a month to play it tho... but the space views do look good on my pc :lol:

well after giving it a proper go today.... im now flying round space doing missions!

after sitting down and working out what the hell you have to do ( and random button clicking ). still wondering if I would pay a tenner a month to play it tho... but the space views do look good on my pc :lol:

I thought that, and still wondered the same after I paid my first tenner. I'm now in MrAngry's Corporation and doing missions with others is a lot more fun, and people in the corp can help you out if you're stuck/need something. :)

after sitting down and working out what the hell you have to do

Ahh .. the old :rtfm: trick, it always works :D

Glad you've sorted it out, you've got 14 days on the trial, should be enough to whet your appetite, at least if you don't like it after that you can stop playing.

As Juanchan said, joining a corp always helps out, alternatively keep chatting in your local npc corp channel, someone is bound to take pity on you and dump some money your way, I've just watched one guy get 2mil isk from 2 random players, he's just gone and paid his £10 for the next months play and is totally made up :D

As Juanchan said, joining a corp always helps out, alternatively keep chatting in your local npc corp channel, someone is bound to take pity on you and dump some money your way, I've just watched one guy get 2mil isk from 2 random players, he's just gone and paid his £10 for the next months play and is totally made up :D

Yeha my mate tried that. Asked all local people to give him a "token amount of money, say 1000 ISK". He got about half a million from about 50 people taking pity on him!

Mrangry ... wheres your corp??

im playing as Xavier_Hall

In the Wysalan system I believe. Add his character as a friend and chat with him next time you're both online.

His corp is v friendly and I'm learning shed loads by just asking them simple/stupid questions. Hopefully it'll mean I'm a bit more useful to them soon!

Any serious fleet op in our neck of the woods, an MWD is mandatory. There is so much fannying with dictor bubbles and the deployable ones that if you haven't got an MWD you're a liability as you'll slow up the fleet (or, more likely, get popped as a straggler :) nothing can tank 50 fleet sniper BS - this is the voice of experience...). So no 5th extender alas. Still, 22k shields is pretty good anyway.

I went for heavies as the range of assault launchers is very poor. Heavies will reach 78km out, assault I think struggles to reach 20km, and it's not a fast or manouverable ship. In fact it shouldn't be fighting much at all, just loving 200 other people longtime :D Oh and faction missiles or boggo. T2 missiles have too many drawbacks IMO. I carry FoF though, that's come in handy a couple of times when I've been jammed.

I don't get much time to mess with anything else these days what with Clear Skies, but I am trying to sort out a stealth bomber wing as I've messed about with them and they are dangerous...

-Ian

We're going to have to thrash this one out over a cple of beers ;) check out the range of precision lights compared to normal lights ! ssshhh don't tell CCP :) I don't travel with the gang if i can avoid it, I usually sit near the snipers on camp and wait for the enemy nano's to engage for their tackles and warp to's for enemy fleet.

Edit: with the new nano nerf coming in I might switch back to heavies as can turn MWD's off with warp disruptors.... o.0 some pple gonna cry long time over that one if they go through with it

We're going to have to thrash this one out over a cple of beers ;) check out the range of precision lights compared to normal lights ! ssshhh don't tell CCP :) I don't travel with the gang if i can avoid it, I usually sit near the snipers on camp and wait for the enemy nano's to engage for their tackles and warp to's for enemy fleet.

Edit: with the new nano nerf coming in I might switch back to heavies as can turn MWD's off with warp disruptors.... o.0 some pple gonna cry long time over that one if they go through with it

Sorry, light missiles, I read "assault launchers" and thought you meant assault missiles, not lights, my bad :) Yeah, they've got the range but jeez, light missiles? :limp: :D

Nano nerf is long time coming. It was a "have it or lose" arms race that stifled choice.

-Ian

just been watching clear skys and am spotting the supra references in it....:lol:

You are officially the first person to spot and point that little easter egg out :D

Early next year for Episode 2 I figure. I'll try not to cock it up! Can anyone here retexture the halflife 2 models...? :D and are reliable, punctual, and don't mind being told to do it again but better 5 times in a row

-Ian